commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Author Message
Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 9:11 Quote
Commencal Clash

currently
Commencal Clash 2021
DVO Onyx SC 180mm
RockShox super deluxe ultimate rct
Wheels Nukeproof
Tyres Michelin Wild Enduro 2.40"
Brakes Shimano Saint/XT
Reverse 790mm
Talla: M
16kg

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 12:00 Quote
norcohavocdirtjumper wrote:
Antonimoore wrote:

New clash owner here, loving the way this thing rides, but at very nearly 17kg out of the box it just feels so heavy. Any effective ways of shedding some weight, before I start hitting the gym ?

Wheelset .... That's key to reducing weight ....
Personally I'm gonna try some Tubolito tubes eventually .... Maybe lighter wheels if I have spare cash and I'm feeling bored. Tubolitos though, seem to really cut weight for minimal cost, Well still keeping tubeless out of the picture. Although maybe tubeless could work for you? Not a tubeless fan here personally, but it works for many people.

I believe the RS domain fork is around 2.5kg so quite heavy. The frame itself without any cups and protection is 3.9kg (size L) which is inline with other alu frames but another 300grams is that rubber/plastic frame protection. I put it on weight when my frame arrived.

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 2:17 Quote


my currently Clash 20"

RS Lyrik Ultimate / Detuxe RT
Drivetrain SRAM GX 12
SRAM Guide RE (my lovely CODE callipers)
Wheels Formula/Competition/e13 trs

15,5 kg on photo

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 6:49 Quote
I am curious if anyone out there could speak to their experience with a coil on the Clash. Does the suspension curve suit a coil well on this bike? I have certainly seen several people run coil on this bike but am interested in any specific feedback/critiques.

Just ordered a small Clash for my 10yo son who races DH; pretty stoked, I think it will be a great bike for him. Thanks in advance for any responses.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 10:49 Quote
hello Clash fans,
I have recently misplaced my rear axle , Could someone tell me the thread on and length on the axle when they have a minute. If i remember it is stated on the axle it self.
Looking to but a spare

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 13:55 Quote
Haddow-B wrote:
hello Clash fans,
I have recently misplaced my rear axle , Could someone tell me the thread on and length on the axle when they have a minute. If i remember it is stated on the axle it self.
Looking to but a spare
Mine didn't say the thread spec, but assuming you have the current model you can look it up on the Commencal tech page

for example https://tech.commencal.com/bike/COMMENCAL-CLASH-ESSENTIAL-DARK-SLATE-2022/524.html
Book
W19AXLEWHEELBOOST REAR WHEEL AXLE - MAXLE BOOST STANDARD
bigquotesRear wheel axle for 12x148mm frame.
M12x1.75
Total length: 180mm

Torque: 9 - 12Nm

Posted: Sep 9, 2022 at 3:51 Quote
MT36 wrote:
I am curious if anyone out there could speak to their experience with a coil on the Clash. Does the suspension curve suit a coil well on this bike? I have certainly seen several people run coil on this bike but am interested in any specific feedback/critiques.

Just ordered a small Clash for my 10yo son who races DH; pretty stoked, I think it will be a great bike for him. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Your son is going to love it. I've not run a coil shock but recently I rode some full on dh tracks and the bike handled it really well with an air shock in the shorter travel setting. The longer setting will be like a downhill bike so good for racing but good at the pedalling parts of the track too.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 6:54 Quote
Good to hear. Yeah I am stoked for him. I think it will be perfect for what he likes to ride and racing. It was an awesome value too... very well specc'd for the price.

Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 12:10 Quote
Think I'm done with commencal, cracked a 2019 supreme this summer and now I cracked my 2019 clash today, I didn't crash, just saw it once I got to the car. The toptube is almost completely snapped, it's hanging by a thread. I'm pissed. Lots of reports of cracked supremes on Paul Aston's instagram page and the lady on the phone from commencal canada admitted that the supremes have a weak spot...seems like the clash doesn't crack as often but still...lost my confidence with them, this failure could have been very dangerous





Posted: Sep 21, 2022 at 12:21 Quote
Charlotroy wrote:
Think I'm done with commencal, cracked a 2019 supreme this summer and now I cracked my 2019 clash today, I didn't crash, just saw it once I got to the car. The toptube is almost completely snapped, it's hanging by a thread. I'm pissed. Lots of reports of cracked supremes on Paul Aston's instagram page and the lady on the phone from commencal canada admitted that the supremes have a weak spot...seems like the clash doesn't crack as often but still...lost my confidence with them, this failure could have been very dangerous




Odd place for it to crack, was probably badly heat treated and annealed. Still, I wouldn't lose all confidence with them the majority of companies have had 1-2 yrs of models that have problems so far from 2021 onwards I have not heard of any issues. I would also ask them to replace the frame, which I imagine they would probably do for free or at a super low price.

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 7:25 Quote
My best bro got the same crack after 2 years of heavy abuse on the bike, he never told commencal and got a warranty frame for an other issue but i guess your warranty has expired…
Old clash are pretty weak bike

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 7:32 Quote
Would a 2019 not be covered under warranty? I read on the website I believe the frame warranty is 5ys... maybe that is for newer frames.

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 7:56 Quote
Don’t know, here in france it was 2 years

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 8:19 Quote
MT36 wrote:
Would a 2019 not be covered under warranty? I read on the website I believe the frame warranty is 5ys... maybe that is for newer frames.
I would contact them even if it is not under warranty; I contacted them for a problem before and they said they would cover 80% of the cost, even though I was the second owner of the bike.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 8:46 Quote
For sure. They will likely not be happy about a frame failing like that only three years in and might cut the owner a deal.


 
Active Forum Threads
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010735
Mobile Version of Website