commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Author Message
Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 10:31 Quote
Had the same crack last year and it was covered free. Enduros are 5 years, downhill bikes are 2 years.

Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 17:51 Quote
yeah I will receive a new frame, the warranty is 5 years. However it's not the point...the point is about breaking 2 commencal frames in a single season. Furthermore, once you claim a frame, the new frame you get is not covered under warranty, so if you break it again, you get a discount on a new frame.

So yeah weak frames

Posted: Sep 23, 2022 at 8:26 Quote
Fair, and just to be open here I absolutely think they are the worst company to deal with. That being said my 21 clash has taken an absolute beating and I haven’t cracked it. That’s running a 27/26 mullet with a dual crown, so the geo is definitely not as intended.

That being said a gnarlier rider on here had his top tube fold on his 21 which I’ve never seen ahah

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2022 at 12:49 Quote
Anybody here riding a 2021-2022 clash with commencal provided x2 factory/pe?
Wanna post your setups?

Im 170lb 5ft 10 on M 2022 Clash
200psi in the sensitive mode
LSC 8
HSC 6
LSR 10
HSR 7
-from closed-

Started with fox starting point as I dont have anything from commencal to guide me?

Recommended sag felt way too slow in terms of ride frequency, I couldn't get any speed out of the trail or make easy doubles, the suspension would just flatten things. Pedal striking on flat/undulating terrain. Using a lot of travel a lot of the time but basically never bottoming out.

Change 1: Rebound was for sure too slow, sped it up a lot. Some improvement.
Change 2: Upped the pressure to get me around 25% sag, starting to feel rideable. (17mm at shock)
Change 3: Tried spacers, no help. Harder to bottom out but the progression still came too deep in travel to to rely on for support. Removed the spacers.
Change 4: Adding LSC

My thinking now is part of the issue is that I'm used to trail bikes with very progressive suspension, and not being able to afford compression damping for harshness. The shock also came with light compression tune. So I think I will continue on the path of +LSC and probably -HSC since I don't have trouble bottoming, and it will just take time to get used to that feel. Anybody care to comment?

Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 7:21 Quote
What is the tune id on these clash shipped X2 ?
I had the opposite problem. After my OEM X2 factory D5PK (CL, RM) was rebuilt by FOX I had quite a problem to set it soft enough. After I found out that clash "dynamic" setting is only about 155mm travel I switched to "sensitive". Way better but it was not sensitive enough.

I found out that I need to run 18 - 19mm of shock sag in order to work properly.
I'm 205lbs and other settings are:
Around 250 psi (don't know exaclty because it's out of range for my digital pressure meter and pump gauge is inaccurate)

LSC 3 from open
HSC 1 from open

so compression is almost open.

LSR: 9 from closed
HSR:3 from closed

Now with those settings it's acceptable. But still a bit stiff.
I'm riding steep DH track with big natural terrain with natural drops and just a few nortshore drops.

Never bottomed this shock...after one day of park riding I'm still 5mm from top of the shock shaft...pretty stiff bumper on these new 2021 X2 shocks...and quite progressive linkage.

For your case it seems to me that your shock needs a service/bleed. However I don't know what to think about that HSR 7 clicks from closed on yours...I would be sprung to the sky.

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 7:27 Quote
Hi there, new clash owner here.
Have a 2022 clash custom built up. Actually dont know how to upload photos.
So do i get this right, in the front you can run a 180mm fork and in the back you have two settings? 170 or 155 mm?. How the heck will ride a bike with 180f and 155r. Does anyone ride it like that? Cant figure it out hahaha.
Love the bike, riding an S frame as i have a bmx background.
Its a wild ride

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 8:48 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
Hi there, new clash owner here.
Have a 2022 clash custom built up. Actually dont know how to upload photos.
So do i get this right, in the front you can run a 180mm fork and in the back you have two settings? 170 or 155 mm?. How the heck will ride a bike with 180f and 155r. Does anyone ride it like that? Cant figure it out hahaha.
Love the bike, riding an S frame as i have a bmx background.
Its a wild ride
Yes I run my 2021 frame like that and I really like it. It feels better for jumping. More pop but it's still enough travel for rough roots and rocks.

Posted: Nov 14, 2022 at 11:51 Quote
I rode the frame for 6 months on the 155 settings on my homespot (big slopestyle jumps) and when i tried it in Chatel it wasn't this good, so switched back to 170 and it was way better for bikepark. And if you know how to jump it doesn't matter to have more travel. Overall the bike work better at 170mm

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2022 at 7:49 Quote
Frenchemetalheads wrote:
I rode the frame for 6 months on the 155 settings on my homespot (big slopestyle jumps) and when i tried it in Chatel it wasn't this good, so switched back to 170 and it was way better for bikepark. And if you know how to jump it doesn't matter to have more travel. Overall the bike work better at 170mm

I would be interested to know if anyone prefers the 155mm.... seems like if you buy a 170 bike, you would want to keep it at 170. I am curious to know what the real advantages at 155 are in terms of how the bike rides. I know what Commencal says on their website but anyone have experience?

Posted: Nov 26, 2022 at 8:46 Quote
MT36 wrote:
Frenchemetalheads wrote:
I rode the frame for 6 months on the 155 settings on my homespot (big slopestyle jumps) and when i tried it in Chatel it wasn't this good, so switched back to 170 and it was way better for bikepark. And if you know how to jump it doesn't matter to have more travel. Overall the bike work better at 170mm

I would be interested to know if anyone prefers the 155mm.... seems like if you buy a 170 bike, you would want to keep it at 170. I am curious to know what the real advantages at 155 are in terms of how the bike rides. I know what Commencal says on their website but anyone have experience?

I found short travel option good for mellow jump trails. Longer travel for rough dh tracks. Also short travel option can be good for mullet conversion with 160mm front travel.

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 18:05 Quote
Screwing around with the flip chip changes the travel? I thought it just changed how progressive/linear the frame feels
fyi I have a '21 clash

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 21:48 Quote
So what guys think suits the clash better? Air or coil shock?

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 5:27 Quote
Red-October wrote:
Air + MegNeg

Hated the megneg on my 21 clash. Could never find the sweet spot to give the small bump compliance and bottom out support I needed. After every ride I would have to take off, take apart, change bands/tokens, re-assemble, air up and cross my fingers it was going to ride better. Got a deal on a coil shock bought 2 springs to test the difference, slapped it on the bike and perfection.

Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 11:22 Quote
JoshParsons87 wrote:
Red-October wrote:
Air + MegNeg

Hated the megneg on my 21 clash. Could never find the sweet spot to give the small bump compliance and bottom out support I needed. After every ride I would have to take off, take apart, change bands/tokens, re-assemble, air up and cross my fingers it was going to ride better. Got a deal on a coil shock bought 2 springs to test the difference, slapped it on the bike and perfection.

What coil man? And what spring weight?
Have a bomber cr on mine and it really glues me to the ground hahha magic carpet ride. But i wanna test an airshock to get a more snapppy loose and playfull ride


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007416
Mobile Version of Website