commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 18:36 Quote
JoshParsons87 wrote:
Red-October wrote:
Air + MegNeg

Hated the megneg on my 21 clash. Could never find the sweet spot to give the small bump compliance and bottom out support I needed. After every ride I would have to take off, take apart, change bands/tokens, re-assemble, air up and cross my fingers it was going to ride better. Got a deal on a coil shock bought 2 springs to test the difference, slapped it on the bike and perfection.

Got a service on my shock/megneg and asked the guy to recommend settings as he runs the same bike and coil set up. Ended up with full tokens and zero bands. I was a little dubious, but at 33% sag its spot on. For context riding steep tech and flowy trails, 75kg without gear.

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 8:57 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
JoshParsons87 wrote:
Red-October wrote:
Air + MegNeg

Hated the megneg on my 21 clash. Could never find the sweet spot to give the small bump compliance and bottom out support I needed. After every ride I would have to take off, take apart, change bands/tokens, re-assemble, air up and cross my fingers it was going to ride better. Got a deal on a coil shock bought 2 springs to test the difference, slapped it on the bike and perfection.

What coil man? And what spring weight?
Have a bomber cr on mine and it really glues me to the ground hahha magic carpet ride. But i wanna test an airshock to get a more snapppy loose and playfull ride

Super Deluxe ultimate with 400lbs Spring (185lbs kitted). the stock super deluxe air (no MegNeg) definitely had more pop, but never gave the trail feel I wanted. I thought the MegNeg would be best of both worlds, but I could never dial it in and the amount of time I spent fussing with settings and then reacting to those changes really hindered my limited ride time.

Could be user error, or maybe I just don't get enough seat time to fully appreciate the nuances of the air shock with the megneg, but the coil was definitely thw way to go for me.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 5:21 Quote
Has anyone put the megneg in the clash v2?

Is it necessary to remove the bushing to remove the air can?

I can't get the air can out

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 12:27 Quote
rainbow82 wrote:

Yes and Yes.

You need the RockShox busing tool to push it out and in every time you have to take the can off.
https://planetcyclery.com/rockshox-rear-shock-12x12-bushing-tool-eyeletsealhead?gclid=Cj0KCQiAyracBhDoARIsACGFcS6ezY8M-M6WK4A2sDeb1o5VCKM0Zdp_TCt_2TaPp5l_gygK_vHiG4AaAk1UEALw_wcB

One of the reason I abandoned it for a coil shock.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 14:24 Quote
JoshParsons87 wrote:
rainbow82 wrote:

Yes and Yes.

You need the RockShox busing tool to push it out and in every time you have to take the can off.
https://planetcyclery.com/rockshox-rear-shock-12x12-bushing-tool-eyeletsealhead?gclid=Cj0KCQiAyracBhDoARIsACGFcS6ezY8M-M6WK4A2sDeb1o5VCKM0Zdp_TCt_2TaPp5l_gygK_vHiG4AaAk1UEALw_wcB

One of the reason I abandoned it for a coil shock.

OK, thanks for the answer.

Posted: Dec 14, 2022 at 6:17 Quote
Anyone riding the clash with a 26" backwheel?
How does it ride?

Posted: Dec 14, 2022 at 7:53 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
How does it ride?

It’s fine, I don’t think anyone on here could actually tell a difference

Posted: Dec 25, 2022 at 0:34 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
How does it ride?
I made one, not a Clash, but a similar 170/160 travel 27.5er. Wheel size between 27.5 and 26 is not drastic, so no, I dont feel much, maybe its more of a placebo feeling.

Posted: Dec 27, 2022 at 17:56 Quote
There is such little difference in size between a 27.5 and a 26 inch wheel, i doubt you will notice any difference...
NOW what you will notice immediately is 26" tires are much harder to find especially if you want a specific kind (super gravity, double down, DH casings ect, than 27.5 tires, and 26" rims are not very common ether if you need to replace it.

i was going to try it on my furious but ended up realizing i'm not going to notice any difference in performance and have a pain in the ass trying to find suitable tires, especially if i need to just pop into a bike shop on short notice.

its not worth it....

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 7:19 Quote
Trying to get a more playful ride, anybody tried the 2023 super deluxe ultimate? Heard good stuff about their new suspension

Posted: Dec 31, 2022 at 15:31 Quote
stonedbiker420 wrote:
Trying to get a more playful ride, anybody tried the 2023 super deluxe ultimate? Heard good stuff about their new suspension

Yeah very good. Get that shock then put on their MegNeg air can. Very playful.

Posted: Jan 2, 2023 at 18:26 Quote
I’m looking to put a dhx2 on my 2022
clash, I am around 210 pounds. What weight coil spring do you guys suggest I start with?

Posted: Jan 4, 2023 at 6:51 Quote
speedy-toast wrote:
clash, I am around 210 pounds. What weight coil spring do you guys suggest I start with?
I'm around 230lb fully kitted up and have been happy with a 600lb spring

Posted: Jan 5, 2023 at 13:59 Quote
letsgethurt wrote:
speedy-toast wrote:

Thanks, what position do you have the flip chip in? Sensitive or dynamic/responsive

Posted: Jan 6, 2023 at 5:28 Quote
speedy-toast wrote:
letsgethurt wrote:
speedy-toast wrote:

Thanks, what position do you have the flip chip in? Sensitive or dynamic/responsive
Sensitive. I haven't actually even tried it on the dynamic setting

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011868
Mobile Version of Website