Commencal DH 29 vs Transition TR11 test review

PB Forum :: Downhill
Commencal DH 29 vs Transition TR11 test review
| Next Page
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 8:11 Quote
here we go guys, my first ride on the new baby Big Grin

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 10:05 Quote
Nice review, glad your enjoying it ????.

I’m left wondering the difference in ride character, maybe YT a bit more of a plough bike? Those tracks are quite open and rough, I wonder about the ride differences would be if the tracks were steeper, tighter and twistier like in my local woods,, also wonder which one you’d take to Whistler.

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 11:11 Quote
Yes, enjoyed the bike a lot!

some of the tracks at this bikepark are a bit tight and slow also, i just prefer to show how good the bike is on rough stuff.

Im also super curious to see how it handles against the TR11 side-by-side on the same day and the same tracks.
Will do all kinds of tracks, from open sections to tighter and twistier ones and see which is faster.

Hope to do it next week Wink cheers

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 11:59 Quote
Great video mate!
Where is that bikepark?

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
its in north of Portugal, in a town called Ponte de Lima, many pro riders come here and also to Lousã (which is going to host rd1 of the World Cup next year) for training because the conditions are perfect, specially this time of the year Wink

Check my youtube channel, i have videos from Ponte de Lima and from Lousã.

Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 15:56 Quote
Hey David how tall are you and wich size is your tr11?

Thanks
JF

Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 16:10 Quote
hy djii,

Im 1.82m and my TR11 is Large size with +5mm reach headset from supercomponents.
My YT Tues is XL.

Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 16:15 Quote
davidmcdias wrote:
hy djii,

Im 1.82m and my TR11 is Large size with +5mm reach headset from supercomponents.
My YT Tues is XL.

I bet the TR11 feels much more playful because of sizing?

Posted: Mar 10, 2019 at 16:23 Quote
I'm just a little bit taller still recommand a large over xlarge?

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
Djii, if your taller and thinking about the TR11, go for the XL.

BeaverCreaker, any bike on smaller size is more playfull...
I had a Large YT TUES before and for sure the Large TR11 is more playfull than the Large TUES.
Very diferent bikes, even on the same size Smile

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
Thanks for your reviews/posts...from a fellow Portuga. Wish I could get to Lousa next year!

Curious what your thoughts are in my case. I'm about 5'10.5" (179cm) tall. Always felt more comfortable on bikes with reach between 440-450mm. Being "in between sizes", seems like most mediums these days feel a bit too litte and the larges feel a bit too big. I'm intrigued by the new TR11 (maybe they addressed some issues?). Would likely get the medium and use reach adjust to add 5mm reach. But the outgoing TR11 in large has a nice reach for me. And I could use the stretchset from superstarcomponents to modify reach anyway, right?

What are your thoughts on the TR11 in general? I'm definitely looking more for a fun bike for park laps and jumps. Want it to ride comfortable as possible (bc I am a bit older) but I don't care much for riding chunky, rocky trails.

And to you think the TR11 is a better poppy or jumpy bike than the Tues?

Obrigado!

Posted: Jan 2, 2020 at 23:41 Quote
Hy Pedro!

I can only speak for the old TR11, didnt get the chance to try the new one.

Its more of a park bike than a race bike, the rear end of the bike is very active. Very poppy and playfull bike.
Diferent from the TUES in my opinion, which is a more race oriented bike.

Since your living in the US, i would recommend you trying the NEW TR11 from your local dealer.

Posted: Jan 3, 2020 at 10:42 Quote
Thanks David,

I actually picked up an older model TR11 bc I read so much about it being more "playful" and geo numbers made me feel the size large was better for me. We'll see how it goes.

Ride on, Forca!

Pedro

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006738
Mobile Version of Website