SRAM DUB Crankset removal

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
SRAM DUB Crankset removal
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 7, 2019 at 7:32 Quote
Same issue here. Even a 18v impact wrench wouldn’t work. Installed myself to 54 n-m. Terrible. This seems to be a raceface copycat design but I never had these issues with 3 sets of cinch cranks.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 16:29 Quote
Its the stock loctite patch they are using on the self extracting bolt, its way too aggressive. Best to clean it off or buy a replacement bolt and use red loctite...

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 19:07 Quote
SRAM = garbage. It's the only crankset I've ever had to drill out in my life(about to be 45). The bolt seized and throwing a breaker bar on the wrench only rounded out the hex inside. This happened a few weeks ago. I drilled it out, threw away the bb, and put in a chris king and race face setup. The whole ordeal sealed in my mind to never buy an SRAM product again. I only had the garbage to begin with because it came with my bike.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
SRAM strikes again with customer Beta testing. I'll think twice about buying another SRAM product.

Shimano gets knocked for being late to the market but SRAM is quick to market while making customers test their products =\

Posted: Sep 15, 2019 at 11:42 Quote
Anyone tried heat to soften the locktite?
Kes

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 20:52 Quote
The real question is: is SRAM doing anything about this?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008707
Mobile Version of Website