SRAM DUB Crankset removal

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
SRAM DUB Crankset removal
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 21:09 Quote
Rickyticky8810 wrote:
Hi there guys, I've had no problem in removing the 8mm, but i'm really struggling to take the crank apart from this part. Seems well jammed onto the spline - and tricks?

Finally removed the stuck 8mm nut, but same problem here, the drive side crank seems to be seized to the spindle. Cannot remove it already used a rubber mallet with no luck. Any suggestions?

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 21:53 Quote
Thread the 8mm bolt back on handtight only with grease. Apply grease to inside of removal cap. Thread removal cap back on the crank hand tight only and reverse thread. Turn the 8mm bolt counterclockwise until it is removed.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 17:55 Quote
I have a 2021 Canyon Neuron with the Truvative stylo 6k DUB crank on the SRAM BSA DUB Threaded bottom bracket. I want to change the chainring to an oval. I finally did get the 8mm bolt out but, the drive side chainring and crank arm will not come free.
I noticed the 8mm bolt does NOT pull the arm off as most videos state. My 8mm bolt does not have any writing on it either. So - is the crank arm and chainring threaded onto the dub shaft? I don't want to bang on it hard and break something.

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 0:34 Quote
CWSMTB wrote:
I have a 2021 Canyon Neuron with the Truvative stylo 6k DUB crank on the SRAM BSA DUB Threaded bottom bracket. I want to change the chainring to an oval. I finally did get the 8mm bolt out but, the drive side chainring and crank arm will not come free.
I noticed the 8mm bolt does NOT pull the arm off as most videos state. My 8mm bolt does not have any writing on it either. So - is the crank arm and chainring threaded onto the dub shaft? I don't want to bang on it hard and break something.

https://youtu.be/eyIsmAeU96E

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
Ok so decides to by the sram dub bolt kit for $15 to avoid damaging the crank. With the self extractor screwed in place the crank came out without much hassle. I think that's the way to go. Too much risk trying to hammer stuff out.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 19:18 Quote
Just need to say I’m bleeding slightly, sweating profusely, and extremely relieved to have removed my SRAM Dub crank for the last time. Promptly put on Shimano’s tried and true system. Never again.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007435
Mobile Version of Website