My First Trip to Whistler!

PB Forum :: Canada - West
My First Trip to Whistler!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 7:28 Quote
Hey everybody! So as the title says, I'm trying to head up to Whistler for the first time! 3 of my buddies and I are planning our trip out wayyy ahead of time (looking around September 2019 right now). Irregardless we want this to be the sickest trip ever.

So here are my questions:

1) Where should we stay? In a hotel? Find an AirBnB? Loiter in a Denny's???

2) Should we rent bikes instead of flying up with ours? Granted we don't have DH bikes so I probably already answered this question

3) Should we get a guide for a day? We have varying skill levels so would it be best to get a guide to show us around?

4) Are we gonna need a rental car? Idk if there's a shuttle we can take or how to get around with bikes

And if there's anything I'm not thinking of then PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Throw your knowledge at me like tomatoes at the village idiot (me again)

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 21:38 Quote
1 depends on budget, aava is the bike friendliest hotel.

2. if there's good rentals at a destination I prefer renting, unless you can get no bike fees flying, travelling with a bike can be a pita

3. Probably not a bad idea to wrap your head around a crazy place. Are you just riding the bike park or other trails?

4. If you are staying in Whistler only, not travelling around, it's not necessary, one of the buses from Vancouver to Whistler then Whistler you can get around without a car, especially if you stay in or close to the village.

Posted: Nov 15, 2018 at 13:16 Quote
How are you getting to Whistler? Bus out of Vancouver? You don't need or want a car once you are in Whistler - especially if you stay at a hotel in the village (expensive to park - everything is accessible by foot). There is also a campground 1/2 mile north of the village (Riverside RV Resort) - again - no need for a car. It is a short ride on a paved trail. I would suggest no guide if all you are doing is the bike park. I would also suggest renting bikes - that said you don't need a downhill bike for the park. Enduro bikes are great.

Buy your lift tickets when they're on sale - IIRC around March.

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 18:25 Quote
If you are just riding the bike park I don't think you need a guide. The W/B website usually has a list of trail progressions. Start out with the easier ones, then progress as you get to know them. Once you get to the village, first thing go to the grocery store & stock up if you want to save money. Eating out there can add up. Many options for rental bikes in the village. Also many options for riding outside the park. If you are staying in or near the village, you can access most of these trails easily. September is prolly the best month to ride there. Trails are tacky, it's not too hot or busy.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009603
Mobile Version of Website