RST Space vs Manitou Gold Label 2

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
RST Space vs Manitou Gold Label 2
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
so have to pick one price is not a problem nor is wieght just want the better of the two and don't tell me the argyle or DJ is better i work at a bike shop and i can one of them for free and have a NS to put it on so just need opinions

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 18:40 Quote
your probably better off getting the gold labels. I've seen so many broken RST's...

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 18:40 Quote
ahhhh, you work at a shop that sells RST`s?

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 18:49 Quote
ryanjaggard wrote:
yeah but nobody has ever gotten any of the aftermarket RST and we just joined them like couple months ago i know a ton about the GL and how they snap at the arch and crack where the 20mm is

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 18:49 Quote
http://www.rst.com.tw/product/pd2008/08-space.asp

http://www.manitoumtb.com/items.asp?deptid=1&itemid=155&cvar1=2%2F19%2F2008+6%3A43%3A49+PM

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 18:52 Quote
looks pretty impressive for an RST fork. But id go with the gold label, i have one and its holding up swell

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 1:54 Quote
argyle409 wrote:
ryanjaggard wrote:
yeah but nobody has ever gotten any of the aftermarket RST and we just joined them like couple months ago i know a ton about the GL and how they snap at the arch and crack where the 20mm is

If your a ham fisted oaf who cannot put the right torque on bolts. the need to be finger tight on the 20mm or they will snap..
sorry, if they snap there its your fault not Manitous.
And, theres so many sets of Rockshox forks that snap at the arches pike and boxxers for example, it's not unique the manitou.

I would go for the GLs. The spaces do look good, but GLs are proven forks.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
STP-Matt wrote:
argyle409 wrote:
ryanjaggard wrote:

If your a ham fisted oaf who cannot put the right torque on bolts. the need to be finger tight on the 20mm or they will snap..
sorry, if they snap there its your fault not Manitous.
And, theres so many sets of Rockshox forks that snap at the arches pike and boxxers for example, it's not unique the manitou.

I would go for the GLs. The spaces do look good, but GLs are proven forks.
yer get manitous (if this thread is still going ??)

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 12:56 Quote
Manipoo's any day with RST's they prove undoubtedly ya cant polish a turd. Think it's fair to sayy you'll get 100% for the gold labels

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 5:11 Quote
im looking at the forks used, and i can find a RST space for 75 and a gold label cheapest 180-230

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 5:47 Quote
I say give the RSTs a go, they've gotten a lot better at making forks over the years, and if you can get it dirt cheap, why not give it a chance. I personally don't like manitou all that much, unless you want to rebuild the thing every season...

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 7:16 Quote
the goldlabels are probabbly the most reliable fork manitou make so just get the goldlabel Big Grin

Posted: Sep 12, 2008 at 15:55 Quote
Im getting the RST space pretty soon.. i would go with the gold label but i have to work withn my budget.

Posted: Sep 12, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
gold labels rst sucksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.047597
Mobile Version of Website