2019 yeti sb130 / sb150

PB Forum :: Yeti
2019 yeti sb130 / sb150
O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 13:12 Quote
ryan-az wrote:
dhdave13 wrote:
Does anyone race enduro or ride park with their 130? how about 130lr vs 150?

Would you recommend putting a coil and cascade link/lunch ride setup on the 130 or just go straight to the 150?

I feel the 150 is too big for regular trail riding and the 130 is too small for park and enduro racing. Im looking for that one bike quiver killer.
I have a yeti sb130 and it rides fantastic. I ride it pretty aggressively down steep rocky sections with some 3-4 foot drops and it takes it pretty well. My good friend just got a 130lr and it is great, really excels where the regular doesn't. He got his with a 38 on it and it is insane.

At that point, would it make more sense to buy the 150? not trying to be a dick, just genuinely curious considering a lot of people say theyre very similar. im leaning towards a 150, but most of my riding is all mountain/ trail type stuff with minimal aggressive terrain. on the flip side, i do race enduro and downhill occasionally at the expert level. i can only afford 1 bike, and i dont want to feel like a 150 is too much for daily use and the 130 is not enough to race with.

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 13:34 Quote
Well that clears it up, get the 150

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 20:14 Quote
It’s all up to you. I think for more trail and pedal everyday stuff that the 150 is going to be a lot of bike to pedal around. Nate hills used to ride a lr and ride that thing pretty aggressively. You could just make two different suspension tunes for racing and casually riding. If your going for like wins and really pushing it definitely go 150, if your more casual and want to still fly down stuff but also not die going up probably the lr. It’s too bad demos aren’t around right now, but go in to your yeti dealer and try and sit on one(that’s what she said, sorry) and see how it feels.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2020 at 3:28 Quote
thanks for the input guys. im going to still demo them when theyre available, but i dont think the lunch ride is available to demo, just the stock 130. I was thinking of doing the 2 suspension tunes as well. i know the c1/2 build 150's from a couple years ago came with the dpx2. im assuming those pedal better than the x2? so maybe a 2 shock setup, one for trail, one for racing?

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2020 at 16:08 Quote
Been unable to pull the trigger on the 130lr vs 150 right now. Do pretty mellow trail rides and ride about 40 miles a week locally, but am racing enduro next year and go to the bike park once a month. Just scared of getting the 150 just because of the one race or bike park trip a month and then having to deal with it all week long on normal rides

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
I built my SB150 over the last 3 months after taking 6 months to decide which model was the best fit for me. I am a slightly taller/ much heavier rider than the average guy, 6', 210 lbs in no gear. I am not a racer, it does not appeal to me at all. Being a heavier rider I am usually not the first guy to the top of the hill on 90% of my rides so getting a bigger bike wasn't going to make a difference in that metric. I demo'd the SB130 and SB150 on local trails back to back for a Yeti demo day back in February before the lock down. 130 pedals better, 150 handles the rough better (duh) and is a TANK in a good way. They were more similar in climbing than when being compared to descending capability. I spent Feb-July bouncing back and forth between the two models, unable to decide. I was really frustrated. Even paid my LBS to demo each one again before pulling the trigger.

The deciding factors were 1: durability. 2: room for skill growth 3: well-roundedness for my anticipated usage. I do ride park annually, I do like to jump small-moderate stuff but most local rides are relatively tame. I also plan on taking it on trips next year as we all return to normal life and would prefer to be slightly over-biked than under biked on unfamiliar trails. I called Yeti and they reminded me that the SB150 is downhill rated and the SB130 is not. Being 210 lbs, that was it for me. The 130 likely would have been fine but the extra assurance is one less thing to hold me back on the trail. If you ride a lot, you'll overcome the added weight/ less friendly climbing geo the 150 offers. I had my 150 out 3 times last week and I'm already getting better climbing with it as I tinker with the LSC/LSR adjustments.

Previous full squish was a gen 3 Nomad and the Yeti is a more efficient climber for me. Having the Fox Grip2/Factory X2 HS/LS circuit adjustments help out with tuning the bike for better climbing + plushness on bigger hits. The performance elite Float X2 and vanilla Grip 38 do not have these adjustments and reduce the adjustability which grossly affect the bikes peak versatility IMHO. Don't cheap out on suspension with a 150. I think it's slightly less consequential on the 130 as it's a trail bike. Just my .02

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 13:27 Quote
@JDub: sounds like your paralysis by analysis was worth if! Shop did you a solid by mentioning the DH rating of the 150 frame, and your suspension potential is spot on with the more tuneable shock and fork.

Wheelbase is another consideration for where one rides as these superbikes are
looong.

FL
Posted: Jul 7, 2021 at 15:34 Quote
Stupid question here. Just paid for a dvo topaz. 230 x 60 and it doesn’t fit? Anyone ever set one of these up on the yeti before?

Posted: Jul 8, 2021 at 0:44 Quote
Thechoz wrote:
Stupid question here. Just paid for a dvo topaz. 230 x 60 and it doesn’t fit? Anyone ever set one of these up on the yeti before?

Maybe you are using the wrong mounting hardware.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017669
Mobile Version of Website