SWINDON Trails

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
SWINDON Trails
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 3:33 Quote
Looking for trails close to Swindon? Anyone know of some fun places to ride? Clump is great, but want more variety. Please don't mention Croft. Thank you.

Posted: Sep 23, 2018 at 1:09 Quote
Wildyeti wrote:
Looking for trails close to Swindon? Anyone know of some fun places to ride? Clump is great, but want more variety. Please don't mention Croft. Thank you.

Westwoods near Marlborough, Leckhampton near Cheltenham, loads of trails on the hills around Stroud and Cranham area

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 21:11 Quote
That are short & lil sweet maybe but isn’t there a wooded bike trail centre somewhere in Wiltshire iirc but can’t remember name of it.

If you have buckets loads of dollar then you could be an ass and support a417 project flyup thingy, that’s if they have finished all the tracks... :/

Posted: Sep 30, 2018 at 14:19 Quote
Have you tried Croft?

Bwahahahahahaha! Just kidding

I too have searched for anything half decent in the area but found nothing. Your best bet is to head to FOD or even BPW.
I can concur with titaniumtit regarding A417
Ashton Court in Bristol or Windhill Bike park is definitely on my list to still go and check out though.
Let us know if you find anything in the surrounding area worth checking out

Posted: Oct 6, 2018 at 13:33 Quote
Odd as it might sound, if you live within Swindon shaw ridge park is honestly worth a look. Sure it’s a pretty small area and it’s littered with dog walkers, but go at a quiet time and you can honestly find some quite fun stuff there, particularly going down the hill on your right if you’re entering the park from the gravel fire road/walking path thingy

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 5:21 Quote
missionS wrote:
Have you tried Croft?

Bwahahahahahaha! Just kidding

I too have searched for anything half decent in the area but found nothing. Your best bet is to head to FOD or even BPW.
I can concur with titaniumtit regarding A417
Ashton Court in Bristol or Windhill Bike park is definitely on my list to still go and check out though.
Let us know if you find anything in the surrounding area worth checking out

Since this post I've found quiet a few places to ride. Some are a little out of the way but at the same time not that far. Devises, Birdlip and Highworth all fun spots.

Posted: Jan 17, 2019 at 12:29 Quote
Hi what’s at highworth and where about in highworth is it? Cheers

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 2:10 Quote
Matchy wrote:
I concur

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 2:46 Quote
What do you guys think about organising a meet and greet. This way we can maybe start something and arrange group rides either local or further a field.

Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
Hi

I used to live in Swindon but moved to Hampshire about 7 years ago

To be honest the best trails to ride in the winter are Swinley Forest in Bracknell - Red & Blue Routes & Off Piste
About 50 mins to 1 hour drive from Swindon.

I ride there two or three times a month and also QECP and Surrey Hills (see below)
Understand these are quite a way from Swindon but they are pretty decent see my video links below to my new Youtube Channel Trail Biker Terry

[YT=https://youtu.be/u00oXjP-9hs]

Then there is Forest of Dean and Cwmcarn the other direction from Swindon

Cheers
Terry

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 9:53 Quote
Hoboinalambo wrote:
Matchy wrote:
I concur

Badbury Clump trails

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
missionS wrote:
What do you guys think about organising a meet and greet. This way we can maybe start something and arrange group rides either local or further a field.

That's a good Idea, Organize a local ride, where everyone meets up, similar to what they have at FOD on Tuesdays or Thursdays

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Wildyeti wrote:

Westwoods near Marlborough, Leckhampton near Cheltenham, loads of trails on the hills around Stroud and Cranham area

the Cranham area is good fun, I'm there every weekend

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 10:26 Quote
Yh cranham is fun. Further towards painswick beacon used to be a dual slalom course that Graham foot built who runs slam 69 bike shop down Gloucester business park.

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 9:49 Quote
I appreciate this is an old thread but I live in Swindon, I’ve heard of cranham woods, any good?, also I’ve recently found a decent little pump track in Swindon

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015165
Mobile Version of Website