Sunrace drivetrain

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Sunrace drivetrain
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 16, 2018 at 22:54 Quote
Has anyone out there had experience with Sunrace in regards to shifty bits? I was looking to go 1x10 on the cheap and while looking at Sunrace cassettes I found that they actually have clutched derailleurs that will go all the way to 46 tooth and shifters that have 2 way release (on top of being compatible with Shimano shifty bits) The price was too good to pass up, so I ordered a full setup, including the 11-46 cassette. The price was low enough that even if it turns out to be horrible, I'm not out a ton of money. I guess I'll get my answer in less than a week when all my parts arrive, but in the meantime, has anyone tried any of their stuff? (Other than just the cassettes) Has it worked out for you? Surprised by its performance? Underwhelmed by its mediocrity? Absolutely despise it?

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 4:38 Quote
Direct mount 12 speed compatible derailleur
Forged alloy links and inner plate cage with carbon outer cage construction
Adjustable chain stabilizer
Composite pulleys with standard bearings
Also compatible with 10 and 11 speed
Compatible with 1x drive trains up to 50T, or 2x up to 42T

Model Speed Max Cage/Mount Ratio Color Wgt
RDMZ80 12sp 50 Mid 2to1 BLK/GRY 267g

Posted: Sep 17, 2018 at 6:16 Quote
Taildragger wrote:
Direct mount 12 speed compatible derailleur
Forged alloy links and inner plate cage with carbon outer cage construction
Adjustable chain stabilizer
Composite pulleys with standard bearings
Also compatible with 10 and 11 speed
Compatible with 1x drive trains up to 50T, or 2x up to 42T

Model Speed Max Cage/Mount Ratio Color Wgt
RDMZ80 12sp 50 Mid 2to1 BLK/GRY 267g

But have you ridden it? On paper, it looks ok and in fact have some features I would expect only with higher end products (like the 12 speed shifters being capable of 4 speed UPshifting per lever throw) but I want to know if anyone has taken the chance on it and actually ridden it and can compare it to other products. And while the 12 speed stuff is certainly cool, I mentioned I was going for cheap and their 10 speed stuff (for MS10) was 1/4 the price of the of 12 speed so that what I ordered ... And since I could get 10 speed in 11-46 it was almost a no brainier ????
photo

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009435
Mobile Version of Website