2019 Giant Reign

PB Forum :: Giant
2019 Giant Reign
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Sep 21, 2018 at 9:31 Quote
2019 Giant Reign Advanced 1

Here it is! The new reign with DVO suspension! Cant wait to get on it and go full tilt! Super sexy metallic flake in the paint too! Thanks to Giant Canada and Gerick Cycle and Ski Nelson for making it happen!

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 at 13:19 Quote
2019 giant reign advanced 1
First ride

New ride ready and pointed downhill as it needs to be! The topaz 2 was great on the climb! It beats the fox dpx2 that was on last year's reign.

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 at 14:02 Quote
Sofa King Sweet, jealous!! wheel porn too, what hubs?

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 13:02 Quote
lifted-d wrote:
Sofa King Sweet, jealous!! wheel porn too, what hubs?

Nobl carbon hoops, double butted to Hope pro 4! clickitty clickitty! Ergon seat, raceface atlas pedals, raceface carbon 6c bar going on this week. Just ordered completely new internals for the DVO d2 to make it into a full d1. The topaz 2 has been blowing my mind.... there is no feedback going over bumps... it has a brain of its own.

FYI in the store, bone stock, no pedals was 29.75 pounds!

Posted: Oct 5, 2018 at 19:59 Quote
My son got the Advanced 0 with coil shock.
Reign at the shop

Seems to work ok
Reign at Kalamunda

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 at 9:34 Quote
Anyone running a DVO Jade? Mine came with a 300 lb spring and seems pretty soft. Not sure if I should go to a 350 or 400.

Posted: Oct 25, 2018 at 10:55 Quote
JoeGfromBoise wrote:
Anyone running a DVO Jade? Mine came with a 300 lb spring and seems pretty soft. Not sure if I should go to a 350 or 400.

I have a 450lb spring on mine and it seems perfect. I weigh 190 with gear though.

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 13:50 Quote
MissionMTMan wrote:
JoeGfromBoise wrote:
Anyone running a DVO Jade? Mine came with a 300 lb spring and seems pretty soft. Not sure if I should go to a 350 or 400.

I have a 450lb spring on mine and it seems perfect. I weigh 190 with gear though.

Hello, I am around the same weight as you and will be picking up my reign SX shortly, can you confirm what the shock spring length is? I am going to go with the 450lb spring but don't know the exact size required as I do not have the bike yet and I want to go ahead and order the spring ASAP.

A link would be appreciated.

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 at 2:22 Quote
machchicken wrote:
It beats the fox dpx2 that was on last year's reign.
Any difference in riding betwenn previous and current frames?

Posted: Nov 23, 2018 at 9:48 Quote
ka81 wrote:
machchicken wrote:
It beats the fox dpx2 that was on last year's reign.
Any difference in riding betwenn previous and current frames?

I dont know about differences as Giant have not said anything is changed on the frame, just components...... but.....I honestly feel wether it is DVO or some subtle differences in cockpit components that this one feels more balanced.... can charge harder. I have purposely over driven really bad rock gardens to see if I could find a limit and I have not. Like the same pace I would use on my DH rig while on a burner. Last years always felt low in the front end during cornering, (sometimes a bit reluctant to get a snappy turn in... this years does not. That feeling on the '18 went away a bit when I raised the travel to 180 mm. Maybe the 160mm was just too short? FOR SURE THE TOPAZ is better on the rear end....The new one loves to jump predictably. On my last ride I ticked off half a dozen hucks that I have ridden around in shame many times. Last years I sometimes felt like a passenger on a plane. I am sure this is down to the DVO; It honestly is a FOX killer! This year has better brakes, better BB, ultra light wheelset (not an issue for me as I ride Nobl and hopes) and reaLLY TRICK PAINT....no stickering..... As a side note the bike is much lighter than last year, on the hook, stock at the shop it was 29.75 pounds with no pedals! Stock! That is seriously light for a 170mm stock enduro.

Take a serious look at the SX model. It has a jade coil and 180mm onyx sc. I think next year I will look at that rig as it is significantly cheaper and burlier....

Posted: Nov 24, 2018 at 9:26 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
Take a serious look at the SX model. It has a jade coil and 180mm onyx sc. I think next year I will look at that rig as it is significantly cheaper and burlier....

You won't be dissapointed if you do go for the SX! It shreds going downhill.


Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 1:24 Quote
wrote:
Livewire88 wrote:
Take a serious look at the SX model. It has a jade coil and 180mm onyx sc. I think next year I will look at that rig as it is significantly cheaper and burlier....

You won't be dissapointed if you do go for the SX! It shreds going downhill.

[/Quote


What is the SX like climbing I'm on the verge of ordering one, what spring did it.come.with I'm.ordering a size L]

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 at 6:16 Quote
knightB27 wrote:


What is the SX like climbing I'm on the verge of ordering one, what spring did it.come.with I'm.ordering a size L]

Sorry I can not answer your question at this time as I have only been able to use the bike once due to work commitments.

The shock came with a 400lb spring (large frame) and I weigh approx 210lb so the spring was way to soft and it was a slog up the hills even though I am a decent climber. I now have a 500lb spring fitted and a 550lb and 600lb spring in reserve for my next outing so will report back after that.

This bike is by no means lightweight so bear that in mind.

Posted: Dec 12, 2018 at 7:41 Quote
Livewire88 wrote:
knightB27 wrote:


What is the SX like climbing I'm on the verge of ordering one, what spring did it.come.with I'm.ordering a size L]

Sorry I can not answer your question at this time as I have only been able to use the bike once due to work commitments.

The shock came with a 400lb spring (large frame) and I weigh approx 210lb so the spring was way to soft and it was a slog up the hills even though I am a decent climber. I now have a 500lb spring fitted and a 550lb and 600lb spring in reserve for my next outing so will report back after that.

This bike is by no means lightweight so bear that in mind.


400 lb spring should hopefully be ok as I am 80kg kitted up, so 175lbs ish,

Not looking for an awesome climber as long as it can get up there, most my trails I ride are fire road or push up climbs anyway

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 22:36 Quote
machchicken wrote:
New ride ready and pointed downhill as it needs to be! The topaz 2 was great on the climb! It beats the fox dpx2 that was on last year's reign.
Nice bike you have, machchicken!
Could you give more info abt topaz 2, please? Any comparison with original topaz?

Previous Page |

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027326
Mobile Version of Website