2019 Giant Reign

PB Forum :: Giant
2019 Giant Reign
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 21:44 Quote
Excellent, pick up this bike end of the week. Will be my first sram experience..

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
Hello there
I have a Grant Reign 2 year 2019 and i am looking for an upgrade for the shock but until now i can not find the same mesurements of the stroke Wich is 62.5mm
The most of the after market rear Shocks have 60-65-57.5 mm of stroke.
I am looking for a super deluxe debon air or even coil.
The bike comes with a Rock Shox deluxe 205x62.5 mm
Any one can give me an advice or suggestions

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 0:05 Quote
Bucaro wrote:
Hello there
I have a Grant Reign 2 year 2019 and i am looking for an upgrade for the shock but until now i can not find the same mesurements of the stroke Wich is 62.5mm
Have changed my stock RS Deluxe 62.5 to DVO Topaz with 65mm on Reign2 2018. No problems, fits and feels fine

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 6:07 Quote
Bucaro wrote:
Hello there

DVO has some great options. Both the DVO Jade coil and Topaz 2 come in 62.5 and 65, both of which would fit your bike. Fox also has the Float X2 and DPX2, which both come in 62.5 and 65. I believe they will be releasing trunnion sizes of their coil shock (DHX2), to the public very soon. Make sure that when you buy a new shock that it is the Trunnion size, as the standard imperial sizing and metric sizing will not fit. I would honestly try to stay away from Rockshox rear shocks, the way they feel with the maestro suspension platform just isn't as superior as what other brands are offering; especially the DVO shocks which you can order specifically tuned for maestro.

Posted: Apr 8, 2019 at 4:14 Quote
Just wanted to let you guys know, that BikeYoke now offers a 34mm version of the Squeezy saddle clamp.
As far as I know, this dimension is exclusively used on many Giant Carbon Bikes, including the Reign.

Posted: Apr 12, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
JohSch wrote:
Does anyone have the metallic blue shiny frameset already? Any real world pics?

Reign 2019

Have since upgraded to a OneUp 170 Dropper and switched to a 400lb coil (DVO guys are awesome!) Also added invisiframe as soon as I got it.

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
Very tempted by the new reign sx or the 2018 advanced 1 but I've read some reviews and they all say they aren't playful they are just for straight flat out riding. Is this the case as I play to visit some bike parks and enjoy jumpy playful bikes.

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 5:16 Quote
ridermark wrote:
Very tempted by the new reign sx or the 2018 advanced 1 but I've read some reviews and they all say they aren't playful they are just for straight flat out riding. Is this the case as I play to visit some bike parks and enjoy jumpy playful bikes.
You gotta take what the reviews say with a grain of salt. Often when comparing bikes, they need to pick out the small details to show differences between bikes. I would say that the reign definitely isnt as playful as other bikes in this travel range. It does feel more like a plush DH rig. However that doesnt mean you cant set it up to how you want it. The DVO suspension is super tunable, and can dramatically change how the bike rides. The bike is super good; climbs better then expected, and smashes downhills.

Posted: Apr 14, 2019 at 5:47 Quote
ridermark wrote:

Also, not playful may mean 'not playful at trail speeds'. It's a different story at a bike park. You'll be happy for the extra planted, burly feeling when you're in DH bike territory.

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 22:18 Quote
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
ridermark wrote:

Also, not playful may mean 'not playful at trail speeds'. It's a different story at a bike park. You'll be happy for the extra planted, burly feeling when you're in DH bike territory.

Totally! A poppy pedally trail speed jib bike this is not. Chuck in how you ride on top. Certain bikes make me feel more poppy or may make me want to straight line rocks, but it kinda depends on the speed you feel comfortable to be able to play etc. I'd say this bike likes to play fast, and likes it more and more the faster it gets, gravity is good. I like fast and my suspension is set to carry that pace and this bike loves that and happily gets sideways. Click out some rebound and a few tweaks and back off the throttle and pop around. Other bikes are more playful, the fast bikes will be at the bottom being Rad. I have a dirt jumper Smile
That said it climbs well I'm the weak link on that. DVO is tops!

On a side note, was riding a carbon bar with similar sweep and ride as stock. Switched to a raceface next with 35mm rise today. It is really good. Really really good on steeps, and easier pedalling position for me too

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 20:04 Quote
2019 Giant Reign SX 2 on sale for $2200 new in USA. Can that thing climb?

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 21:58 Quote
I bought a SX 2. I love it so far. I find it very playful and maneuverable, just not the easiest bike to manual cuz of the longer stays and feeling in the middle of the bike. Otherwise, one of the best feeling frames I have ever owned.

That being said, I'm selling it. The Large feels too small for me at 188cm. I want the next size up, and the Chameleon paint frame.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 6:54 Quote
Hi guys... Where can i buy the black rubber for the cables housing for internal on the frame? I have reign 2 2019... And one of the rubber for internal cable is a little damage... And also... I change the dropper post... I didnt know that there is rubber protection inside the bottom bracket frame... I cannot take it out so i could fit it again with my new dropper post... Thanks guys...

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.014867
Mobile Version of Website