DVO Diamond 160mm High Speed Compression Issue

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
DVO Diamond 160mm High Speed Compression Issue
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 22, 2018 at 9:46 Quote
I cannot turn the high speed compression dial on the fork for adjusting..

I can turn the green low speed compression dial just fine. I tried using the low speed dial as leverage to turn the high speed dial as DVOs website suggests, but I have applied a ton of force to do this and it gets to the point where the high speed will turn almost to one full click, but applying any more force feels like I will definitely snap the low speed compression dial.

Can anybody help me out with this? I contacted DVO several times and they just ask me if I can ship it to them, or bring it to a bike shop affiliated with them. I know this is something I should be able to do on my own, and I don't want any extra aggravation of bringing it to someone or shipping it.

Help me out guys. Thanks

Posted: Sep 22, 2018 at 10:41 Quote
rumspringa wrote:
I cannot turn the high speed compression dial on the fork for adjusting..

I can turn the green low speed compression dial just fine. I tried using the low speed dial as leverage to turn the high speed dial as DVOs website suggests, but I have applied a ton of force to do this and it gets to the point where the high speed will turn almost to one full click, but applying any more force feels like I will definitely snap the low speed compression dial.

Can anybody help me out with this? I contacted DVO several times and they just ask me if I can ship it to them, or bring it to a bike shop affiliated with them. I know this is something I should be able to do on my own, and I don't want any extra aggravation of bringing it to someone or shipping it.

Help me out guys. Thanks

So you tried what dvo has to try, that doesnt work, so they have asked you to get it to them to figure out whats gone wrong, and instead of doing that yiu are going to ask the internetz?

Yiu could try disassembling/reassemblimg to see if there is something either broken or jammed.

Or take it to someone tgat services dvo stuff.

Posted: Sep 23, 2018 at 7:55 Quote
Correct... I cant ride the bike without a fork, and I dont want to be unable to ride for several weeks to a month..

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2018 at 10:58 Quote
Move this post to the following thread. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

https://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=193962

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2018 at 23:11 Quote
Try calling around to different shops in the area? I have some experience with dvo and could probably swap the parts out if necessary in a couple business days, but our shop isnt well known for mountain bikes. Also, even if a shop isn't "affiliated" with DVO, most shops across have a QBP account. They can get a new damper if need be from there.

Posted: Sep 24, 2018 at 23:53 Quote
Ed284 wrote:
Move this post to the following thread. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

https://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=193962

Yeah ask @finalgear in the DVO thread:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=193962&pagenum=1

He'll help you out

O+
Posted: May 3, 2021 at 16:40 Quote
Saw this in my search and I was able to get it fixed by removing the 2mm hex set screw and popping the knob out. Then use a 6mm socket to get it out of the stuck position.

That knob is just a plastic hex so it doesn't take any force with the socket to break it loose then it is good to go.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007191
Mobile Version of Website