2018 Trance- DPS vs DPX2 question

PB Forum :: Giant
2018 Trance- DPS vs DPX2 question
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 24, 2018 at 10:46 Quote
Does anybody here have any experience riding a '17 or '18 Trance with a DPS shock and also a DPX2 on the same bike? I'm 6'4" and 230 pounds. The DPS on my Trance 2 seems fine but I'd like it to be more supple. I have to run it around 265 psi too get my sag right. At that pressure it seems firm and not very active. I went from a .6 volume spacer to a .4 and it helped a little. I pulled that spacer out and I'm going to try and run it with no spacer. I'm also not using all of the travel with the .4 spacer. I always run the shock in the open mode. I'm just curious if the DPX2 would be a better option. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 13:24 Quote
The DPX2 is much smoother; to me it made the bike feel much more capable. I ran a dpx2 with a 55mm stoke instead of a 52.5 as well. I'll be selling the shock here in a few weeks, got a reign frame on the way, pm if interested! It does add a bit of weight and makes the bike more all mountain as opposed to trail.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 at 16:24 Quote
JoeGfromBoise wrote:
The DPX2 is much smoother; to me it made the bike feel much more capable. I ran a dpx2 with a 55mm stoke instead of a 52.5 as well. I'll be selling the shock here in a few weeks, got a reign frame on the way, pm if interested! It does add a bit of weight and makes the bike more all mountain as opposed to trail.

Right on. I sent you a pm.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009279
Mobile Version of Website