DPS vs DPX2 question

| Next Page
Posted: Sep 28, 2018 at 20:36 Quote
Shane-C wrote:
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
I destroyed the DPS on my 2017 Trance Ad 1 and replaced it with the Super Deluxe from the O level model. I didn't think it would be that big an upgrade for day to day stuff around Ontario, as opposed to 40 minute descents out west, but no, it's a wayyyyyy better shock all around. So much more supple off the top and better mid-support. Transformed the bike. I had looked at the DPX2, but found the Super Deluxes way cheaper online (hint: check eBay).

I was also pretty happy to get away from Fox, as they took two weeks to even look at the shock and then quoted me over $300 to fix the dampener. I paid $350 for a new Super Deluxe.

Thanks for the reply. It's reassuring to hear that an upgrade will be worth it.

Super deluxe is a good pick. I'd go for it. Dps is not anything special or reliable in my experience.

Posted: Sep 28, 2018 at 21:27 Quote
I find Giant Trance bikes are best suited on RS or DVO and Cane Creek shox than Fox.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
Shane-C wrote:
Adamrideshisbike wrote:
I destroyed the DPS on my 2017 Trance Ad 1 and replaced it with the Super Deluxe from the O level model. I didn't think it would be that big an upgrade for day to day stuff around Ontario, as opposed to 40 minute descents out west, but no, it's a wayyyyyy better shock all around. So much more supple off the top and better mid-support. Transformed the bike. I had looked at the DPX2, but found the Super Deluxes way cheaper online (hint: check eBay).

I was also pretty happy to get away from Fox, as they took two weeks to even look at the shock and then quoted me over $300 to fix the dampener. I paid $350 for a new Super Deluxe.

Thanks for the reply. It's reassuring to hear that an upgrade will be worth it.

Hola amigo es que me llegó un cuadro Giant Trance 2019 por garantía, pero el shock que tenía no le sirvió pues era modelo 2014, ahora estoy buscando el shock pero no sé que medida es la precisa, me podrías dar alguna indicación.
Gracias ????.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004480
Mobile Version of Website