**Parents Won't Let Me Go To SGC!!** HELP

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
**Parents Won't Let Me Go To SGC!!** HELP
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 8:36 Quote
my parents wont let me go because they think its too dangerous because they have heard the stories of my friends grueosme injuries, then i suggested they come but they feel there is nothing to do there!
any suggestions on what i can tell them about safety there or what would be attractive to a parent and a 9 year old kid to do there?

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 8:44 Quote
1.your lucky if your parents would even buy you a bike worthy for whistler at that age.

2.your lucky if your parents would even pay for you trip to whistler.

3.you can show them all the cool gear like full face helmets and full body armor. expensive but cheaper than medical bills(trust me i know)

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 8:50 Quote
bmxracer62 wrote:
1.your lucky if your parents would even buy you a bike worthy for whistler at that age.

3.you can show them all the cool gear like full face helmets and full body armor. expensive but cheaper than medical bills(trust me i know)

I think he means he has, a 9 year old brother, that would have to come.
And he has a VPfree by the sounds of it.

Anyways, look on the SGC website at all the extra activities there is to do, show those to you parents.

And on the safety, whistler will have medics there, and as long as your wearing gear and not going to far out of your ability range oyu hsould be able to minimalize chances of injury. (a little bit out of your range is okay thats how you learn Big Grin :beerSmile

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 8:53 Quote
planekid wrote:
bmxracer62 wrote:

I think he means he has, a 9 year old brother, that would have to come.
And he has a VPfree by the sounds of it.

Anyways, look on the SGC website at all the extra activities there is to do, show those to you parents.

And on the safety, whistler will have medics there, and as long as your wearing gear and not going to far out of your ability range oyu hsould be able to minimalize chances of injury. (a little bit out of your range is okay thats how you learn Big Grin Beer Smile

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 8:57 Quote
it will be summer! get em to go to the lake, go shopping, go eat some foopd, go walking! take the peak chair. ur little bro caqn take lessons from the guides, so kud ur mum! : womens wednesdays! hhaah thers LOADS to do, vancouver is a huge city, like 2 hours away she can go there!

m8 im hopefully gna be on SGC im all the way from the uk. seriously how worth it is it! and im missing an international race in swizterland that i actually havea chance of winning!

WHISTLER RRULESSSSS

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 8:58 Quote
i think u should save and not rely on ur parents to help u out, or tell them u will atleast pay half

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 9:06 Quote
run away...to whistler...

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 9:07 Quote
Muttley wrote:
run away...to whistler...
hahahaha i like how this guy thinksWink

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 9:09 Quote
i herd pps sleep undre the bridges and camp there
just so they can be there another season...
id do that...

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 9:11 Quote
oh yeah and deal with all the snow

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 9:11 Quote
charlesdavid17 wrote:
i herd pps sleep undre the bridges and camp there
just so they can be there another season...
id do that...
so would i,, shivering in a sleeping bag, clutching my norcolol hope theres no bears aroundlol

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 9:12 Quote
haha its so worth it! lol do some snow biking../ skiing
whatever floats ur boat!
haha BEARS! i nreli ran into one on a-line!

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 9:17 Quote
Tell them that if you quit riding MTB that you will start doing drugs and having un-protected sex, then say now what sounds more dangerous

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 9:18 Quote
sunringlerider wrote:
Tell them that if you quit riding MTB that you will start doing drugs and having un-protected sex, then say now what sounds more dangerous
im thinking this is the best idea...no joke

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 9:19 Quote
mountain biking. i do drugs all the time and im fine

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.043081
Mobile Version of Website