Trek Slash Opinions

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash Opinions
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 27, 2019 at 17:29 Quote
I didn't have the bontrager dropper. I bought my frame as frame only.
Now have a 2020 slash frame from crash replacement.
Using a ks lev 150mm dropper wich I am able to slam if I wanted but need it raised a tad for pedaling. And it'll you havnt ridden the slash or bought one yet they are allot longer than the remedy. I'm 6,1 and it fits perfectly with a 35mm bontrager stem

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
pdxjeremy wrote:
Slash 29 is the best bike I've ridden to date. My build is an RSL frame, fox 36 170 grip 2, and a dhx2 .
Getting rid of the re activ shock was the best thing I ever did to it. Completely changed the bike

How does the dhx2 fit? Do you have issues with it hitting the top of the downtube on big hits or compressions?

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 12:14 Quote
No issues at all. My original build was an RSL and came with an x2 wich is essentially the same size if not a tad bigger

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 13:14 Quote
Sorry to change subject but current slash owners, I have a 9.8 2019 and I need a new seat colar. What size do I need ?

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 6:45 Quote
I have been thinking about upgrading to the newer slash. I currently have a 2016 Slash and was wondering the difference in the previous years to the new one?
My slash

Posted: Feb 17, 2020 at 1:28 Quote
I never had the opportunity to ride the older slash model, but I would say that your current bike is maybe closer to the actual remedy than the newer slash in terms of geometry, wheel sizes and handling. It is maybe a bit more versatile because of the more conservative geometry, while the 29 slash is more stable and confortable at high speed, but not sure at 100%.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 16:16 Quote
jurassicrider wrote:
I never had the opportunity to ride the older slash model, but I would say that your current bike is maybe closer to the actual remedy than the newer slash in terms of geometry, wheel sizes and handling. It is maybe a bit more versatile because of the more conservative geometry, while the 29 slash is more stable and confortable at high speed, but not sure at 100%.

You are correct on the relation to the new remedy. Talked to a guy at trek he says well we got the 27.5 right but wanted a 29er. So the new remedy is the upgraded old slash. Made sense to me why fix it if it isn't broke.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005846
Mobile Version of Website