2018 Scott Genius

PB Forum :: Scott Bikes
2018 Scott Genius
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 13, 2018 at 8:44 Quote
Is the new scott genius any good? I’ve recently got a really good deal off 2018’s genius 740 in my LBS, there weren’t any test bikes and it would be my first FS bike... I noticed that there werent many reviews on this bike and the few reviews that I found didn’t have any critics on them so i wasn’t sure if they are actually honest. Anyone has an input on this bike’s performance? Tq in advance

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 at 19:46 Quote
I just bought a 2019 Genius 710. I like it a lot. i'd say the reviews i've seen were pretty accurate. i've had the bike for ~1 month... so pretty early for an opinion but feel free to ping me with any specific questions and i'd do my best to help you out.

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 2:07 Quote
jasonwyrick wrote:
I just bought a 2019 Genius 710. I like it a lot. i'd say the reviews i've seen were pretty accurate. i've had the bike for ~1 month... so pretty early for an opinion but feel free to ping me with any specific questions and i'd do my best to help you out.

What siez did you get ? I'm 1m78 so I hesitate between M and L

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 6:30 Quote
got a medium, i'm 175cm. fit is good, i'm switching out the dropper post from 125 to 100

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 7:51 Quote
jasonwyrick wrote:
got a medium, i'm 175cm. fit is good, i'm switching out the dropper post from 125 to 100

What's the stem length ?

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 15:13 Quote
I recently bought a 2018 Genius 920 from a shop that was blowing out their remaining stock. $3000 out the door for a brand new one. Thru on some Nobl wheels and a Renthal carbon bar, disconnected the front twinlock and only run the back now, added some MT7 brakes. added a wolf tooth dropper lever and a cleaner fox lockout (sold off the stock brakes,bars ,wheels and Twinlock grips combo)
Cleaned up the cockpit quite a bit and now i'm in it $4000 and wouldn't change a thing. I love it!!
Im 6'1" and the XL fit me awesome. It has a long wheelbase but rides so nice.
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 0:12 Quote
Three6ty wrote:
I recently bought a 2018 Genius 920 from a shop that was blowing out their remaining stock. $3000 out the door for a brand new one. Thru on some Nobl wheels and a Renthal carbon bar, disconnected the front twinlock and only run the back now, added some MT7 brakes. added a wolf tooth dropper lever and a cleaner fox lockout (sold off the stock brakes,bars ,wheels and Twinlock grips combo)
Cleaned up the cockpit quite a bit and now i'm in it $4000 and wouldn't change a thing. I love it!!
Im 6'1" and the XL fit me awesome. It has a long wheelbase but rides so nice.

That's what i'm planning to do : buy a genius and change wheels, brakes + remove the twinlock
What's the stock stem length ?

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 7:02 Quote
50mm on the stock stem

The wheels that came on it are actually pretty nice. 30mm inner width and the hubs spun great. I woukd have kept them on if they were 32 hole but they were only 28.
I’m 220lbs. So i need the 32 hole.
Brakes were good as well, but i got a great deal on the MT7’s and couldn’t pass it up.

Posted: Nov 4, 2018 at 19:44 Quote
jasonwyrick wrote:

I’m 5’7 and planning to buy a size S but im wondering if the 100mm dropper is enough

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 at 6:54 Quote
morning, bought my first scott a year ago, 2017 710 genius, the most underrated bikes on the west coast, and yes you can find almost every retailer has dropped them because they dont sell, but most of them will tell you its a fantastic bike. i got mine at a killer deal, for the amount of tech, engineering , fun factor, parts, and weight you really cant go wrong. take advantage of a dealer clearing out for a super price. im 6'2" and am on a large looking for an xl 910 currently. the twin lock,,,,use it,,,a lot, the bike is really fast, although change out the factory tires in the wet, dropper post i finally found a sweet spot so no changing, lots of travel in the suspension. ive taken this bike to whistler, cumberland, gibsons, and ride consistently in the victoria area and love love this biike. maybe find out about the demo day and jump on one,,,good luck

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 18:40 Quote
Running a 2018 Genius 720 right now. It is an extremely capable bike. Just takes hits like nothing I’ve owned before. Climbs wells and descends like a monster truck. I’m dropping down to a 2.6” tire from the 2.8”. 150/150 with 2.8 is just overkill.

Posted: Dec 27, 2018 at 7:09 Quote
im on the 740 for about a month now and i can confirm its a very capable bike on both ups and downs however the one thing that is a little annoying is how the rear shock tends to heat up fast and it eventually does fade over some descends and it can become relatively similar to a hardtail. how to i manage the heat build up in the shock?
faceplant1971 wrote:
morning, bought my first scott a year ago, 2017 710 genius, the most underrated bikes on the west coast, and yes you can find almost every retailer has dropped them because they dont sell, but most of them will tell you its a fantastic bike. i got mine at a killer deal, for the amount of tech, engineering , fun factor, parts, and weight you really cant go wrong. take advantage of a dealer clearing out for a super price. im 6'2" and am on a large looking for an xl 910 currently. the twin lock,,,,use it,,,a lot, the bike is really fast, although change out the factory tires in the wet, dropper post i finally found a sweet spot so no changing, lots of travel in the suspension. ive taken this bike to whistler, cumberland, gibsons, and ride consistently in the victoria area and love love this biike. maybe find out about the demo day and jump on one,,,good luck

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 16:17 Quote
i had mine swapped out to the kashima coating almost immediately and have not experienced that issue. do you have the shock set up correctly? too little movement, or too much air in shock and its certainly going to be worked. maybe a service is in order.

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 0:25 Quote
faceplant1971 wrote:
i had mine swapped out to the kashima coating almost immediately and have not experienced that issue. do you have the shock set up correctly? too little movement, or too much air in shock and its certainly going to be worked. maybe a service is in order.
the problem was actually the shock's air didnt equalize between the chambers

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
When Pumping up the rear shock you need to Cycle it a few times every time you add 25psi, until you get to the desired setting. This will help the chambers equalize.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016556
Mobile Version of Website