Aurum Hsp 2019 Greatest eh bike!

PB Forum :: Norco
Aurum Hsp 2019 Greatest eh bike!
Author Message
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 20:13 Quote
Hoping to get mine in a couple weeks if all goes according to plan. Question though for you owners, can you use a BB30 DH crankset on the Norco Aurum HSP 29 frame? I picked up a crankset for a good price and I’m hoping it can work with this frame.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 2:44 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Hoping to get mine in a couple weeks if all goes according to plan. Question though for you owners, can you use a BB30 DH crankset on the Norco Aurum HSP 29 frame? I picked up a crankset for a good price and I’m hoping it can work with this frame.

The frame is ready to use a PF system but, as far as I know, you can install any cranks on this.

If the cranks you want are ready for bb30 you only have to look for a PF bottom bracket with 30 mm of inner space on it.

I have the Race SixC on mine (30mm width) on mine no problems.

What you should check is those cranks be wide enough (bb92, pf104, 83mm... Compatible)

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
norfiril wrote:
austenselk wrote:
Hoping to get mine in a couple weeks if all goes according to plan. Question though for you owners, can you use a BB30 DH crankset on the Norco Aurum HSP 29 frame? I picked up a crankset for a good price and I’m hoping it can work with this frame.

The frame is ready to use a PF system but, as far as I know, you can install any cranks on this.

If the cranks you want are ready for bb30 you only have to look for a PF bottom bracket with 30 mm of inner space on it.

I have the Race SixC on mine (30mm width) on mine no problems.

What you should check is those cranks be wide enough (bb92, pf104, 83mm... Compatible)

The cranks are DH 83mm, so I under the assumption that they would work fine.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
Yes, a PF92 with a 30mm spindle BB will work fine. RaceFace makes the BB for their own cranks that will work with this system. Wheels Manufacturing also has options.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 20:25 Quote
Does the 29 frame use a trunnion mount shock or are they standard eyelets?

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 22:17 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Does the 29 frame use a trunnion mount shock or are they standard eyelets?


Just checked mine, looks trunion

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 22:26 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
austenselk wrote:
Does the 29 frame use a trunnion mount shock or are they standard eyelets?


Just checked mine, looks trunion

tup

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 15:17 Quote
I'm riding my bike with a 550 lb spring (the only spring local shop had here) and Norco recommends 500 lb for my weight.

The bikes is now to stiff on the back and hard to balance fork and shock. Does 50 lb makes that big difference? Is there something I can do to fix this with the same spring?

Thanks

Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 20:44 Quote

Received my frame today from another rider here on Pinkbike.

AMS frame decals
e*Thirteen chainguide
450 lb spring Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil
Frame size L/XL

This will be a slow build over the winter to keep me somewhat preoccupied. Had snowfall happen on Sunday, so it'll be a long wait as I collect money for parts. Unless I sell my Evil Offering frame, in which case I'll use those funds to buy a fork and convert my front hub to a 20mm x 110mm boost and then I'll be able to use my ENVE M930 wheels on this monster.

Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 20:52 Quote
Hey, congradulations on finally picking one of these beauties up. Looking forward to seeing the build out over the next few months.



Ive been toying with a carbon wheelset myself but I think I'll give cushcore a whirl before I pick up a carbon wheelset. I think it would be a bit much considering I swapped to fox suspension front and rear close to the end of this season.

Posted: Oct 28, 2019 at 21:00 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
Hey, congradulations on finally picking one of these beauties up. Looking forward to seeing the build out over the next few months.



Ive been toying with a carbon wheelset myself but I think I'll give cushcore a whirl before I pick up a carbon wheelset. I think it would be a bit much considering I swapped to fox suspension front and rear close to the end of this season.

Thanks. It'll be aggravatingly slow, but I'm hoping it will be worth it. I've been riding ENVE hoops now for a few seasons on a variety of frames and setups and I've enjoyed them. Especially now with their lifetime warranty, I will keep riding them. I had actually picked up my M930 last year in October/November, so having a year now riding on them, but this will be the first time to have them on a DH frame. That and if I keep a trail bike frame, I'll use an e*Thirteen front hub so that I can swap between 20mm and 15mm and use these wheels on both my DH and my trail bike.

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 13:51 Quote
Raceface SIXC DH crankset or SRAM X01?

I’ve never ridden or used SIXC cranks, but I’ve got an opportunity to buy them brand new for a good price and I’m interested. Otherwise the build will probably be GX 7 speed with code R brakes, 203mm rotors, Deity cockpit, and keeping Maxxis rubber along with my ENVE M930 rims.

Rockshox suspension if I buy from my LBS or a Fox 49 if I find someone selling one on pinkbike for a good price.

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 14:00 Quote
Tbh personally I'm done with carbon cranks on all my next bikes. I have xx1 on my hard tail and x01 on my trail bike. I got fantastic deals on both. Ive seen enough break once warranties are out after a couple seasons of riding that with the exception of weight weenie builds. Whatever the top of the line alloy raceface cranks these days are called are what I'm going to use for all of my builds in the foreseeable future.

My girlfriend runs SIXC cranks on her Fluid (had to go SIXC over next as they don't come short enough) and I think the SRAM system is a little bit more hassle free. I personally think raceface cranks look better but I like working with sram cranks more.

Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 21:18 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
Tbh personally I'm done with carbon cranks on all my next bikes. I have xx1 on my hard tail and x01 on my trail bike. I got fantastic deals on both. Ive seen enough break once warranties are out after a couple seasons of riding that with the exception of weight weenie builds. Whatever the top of the line alloy raceface cranks these days are called are what I'm going to use for all of my builds in the foreseeable future.

My girlfriend runs SIXC cranks on her Fluid (had to go SIXC over next as they don't come short enough) and I think the SRAM system is a little bit more hassle free. I personally think raceface cranks look better but I like working with sram cranks more.

I'll stick with carbon as I like how it feels.

Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 21:22 Quote
Decided to throw my rear wheel on.
Decided to throw my rear wheel on.

Threw my rear wheel on just to see how it would look in person, and even with the 12 speed cassette it looks awesome. Makes me consider just buying a 12 speed derailleur and shifter just to get my parts that much sooner and just ride it a few days before the snow falls here.

Rockshox boXXer World Cup Ultimate
Rockshox boXXer World Cup Ultimate

Paid a guy today for his fork, and should get it by middle of next week.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013099
Mobile Version of Website