RSD Middlechild & RS-291 - Builds & Chat

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RSD Middlechild & RS-291 - Builds & Chat
Author Message
Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 12:22 Quote
DHhack wrote:
admccurdy wrote:
Anyone have experience running one of these SS?

Works great!

RSD Middlechild chromoly steel 160 fox 36 singlespeed
RSD Middlechild chromoly steel 160 fox 36 singlespeed

That's a 36T ring up front?? I can barely do a 30T oval ring without mad spacers.

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 19:11 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
DHhack wrote:
admccurdy wrote:
Anyone have experience running one of these SS?

Works great!

RSD Middlechild chromoly steel 160 fox 36 singlespeed
RSD Middlechild chromoly steel 160 fox 36 singlespeed

That's a 36T ring up front?? I can barely do a 30T oval ring without mad spacers.

32T the fork is a Fox 36.

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 7:02 Quote
DHhack wrote:
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
DHhack wrote:


Works great!

RSD Middlechild chromoly steel 160 fox 36 singlespeed
RSD Middlechild chromoly steel 160 fox 36 singlespeed

That's a 36T ring up front?? I can barely do a 30T oval ring without mad spacers.

32T the fork is a Fox 36.

Sorry, read that weird.

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 8:03 Quote
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking to buy a Middle Child, it will be my first bike in 20 years.
Do you think that it'd be a lot of bike for a beginner?

Thanks

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 8:11 Quote
Ascamtb wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking to buy a Middle Child, it will be my first bike in 20 years.
Do you think that it'd be a lot of bike for a beginner?

Thanks

Not at all. It’s a bit heavy for pure cross country riding, but other than that it’s a great choice I think.

Posted: Apr 1, 2021 at 8:28 Quote
DHhack wrote:
Ascamtb wrote:
Hey Guys,

I'm thinking to buy a Middle Child, it will be my first bike in 20 years.
Do you think that it'd be a lot of bike for a beginner?

Thanks

Not at all. It’s a bit heavy for pure cross country riding, but other than that it’s a great choice I think.

I second this. The bike is very confidence inspiring with more contemporary geo and a proper fork. Let the XC people have their bikes, this thing will ride all kinds of trails well and allow for better progression than an XC bike if you wanna get a little rowdier.

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 14:35 Quote
So my bikes delivery date went from end of April to July...☹️. I have less than zero chill so I ended up ponying up the extra $$ for the CroMo, which is supposed to ship this week.
Longest.
Week.
Ever.

jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
jelloyacket wrote:
Oooof, not until 4/30. I'm dying over here.

Yeah, it's a bit of a wait, but a lot of people won't have new bikes till fall! Feel lucky, hah


jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Nice one! Welcome, haha.

When are you expecting delivery?


Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 7:00 Quote
Worth it if you ask me. Steel is just so real, haha, plus no riding for AT LEAST two more months is worth the extra money. I personally find the steel frames seem way nicer too. Great proportions, nice welds.

jelloyacket wrote:
So my bikes delivery date went from end of April to July...☹️. I have less than zero chill so I ended up ponying up the extra $$ for the CroMo, which is supposed to ship this week.
Longest.
Week.
Ever.

jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
jelloyacket wrote:
Oooof, not until 4/30. I'm dying over here.

Yeah, it's a bit of a wait, but a lot of people won't have new bikes till fall! Feel lucky, hah



Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 6:51 Quote
So is everyone else's MC built with a 51mm offset? When I was initially looking to get the AL I noticed that it was spec'd with a 44mm but my CroMo came with a 51mm. Anyone switch it up?

Posted: Jun 4, 2021 at 15:13 Quote
Got my Middlechild on order but looking for some pictures of the welds on the Titanium version please if someone could help? I've owned several Ti bikes in the past and am still deciding whether or not I should stump up the extra cash for the posh metal.

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 10:45 Quote
Folks, I feel like the middlechild and the RS-291 are bros that should share a room.

My latest:

2021 RSD RS-291 Lyrik 160mm Chris King Chromag Phase 30 Shimano Bits
2021 RSD RS-291 Lyrik 160mm Chris King Chromag Phase 30 Shimano Bits
2021 RSD RS-291 Lyrik 160mm Chris King Chromag Phase 30 Shimano Bits

If you're a Middlechild fan, but your start caring even more about going fast & down vs going up & around , here's your bike. Still climbs like a hardtail, but the bigger front end and wheels definitely makes this bike a bit more of a straight shooter. Can get you into a little trouble as it makes you wanna go big off stuff, but doesn't land like a 150mm travel enduro squisher, haha

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 11:43 Quote
She looks amazing. Time to let the fork write cheques the rear wheel can’t cash!

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 12:07 Quote
r-a-w wrote:
She looks amazing. Time to let the fork write cheques the rear wheel can’t cash!

That phrase never felt more appropriate


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010793
Mobile Version of Website