RSD Middlechild & RS-291 - Builds & Chat

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RSD Middlechild & RS-291 - Builds & Chat
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 21:10 Quote
She's so misty it looks like you got some on the lens. What a beauty!

Ordered my 291 back in November. How'd you get yours already?

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 9:08 Quote
toughchoices wrote:
She's so misty it looks like you got some on the lens. What a beauty!

Ordered my 291 back in November. How'd you get yours already?

it was raining when I took the drive side shot, haha

I'm rollin on the prototype, which is basically identical to production. Way more capable on the downs than the MC with little wheels. I'm rollin with a 160mm lyrik and is plus as hell. Dang fun bike.

Posted: Jun 26, 2021 at 20:26 Quote
Here’s my MC. I purchased the frame while I was waiting for my Nimble 9. Currently the parts are on the N9. Still trying to figure out what frame to keep.

Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
taehome wrote:
Here’s my MC. I purchased the frame while I was waiting for my Nimble 9. Currently the parts are on the N9. Still trying to figure out what frame to keep.

Love the all chrome wheels. I wanted polished rims on my last build, but went with WTB rims which I've always liked.

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 10:37 Quote
I enjoyed my Middlechild early last year, then had to replace it due to recall so I picked the Wildcat instead. The Wildcat has been a great aggressive, short travel ride - looking at the design and numbers, it’s basically a Norco Optic.

Thinking of returning to the full-suspension + hardtail combo, but can’t decide between another Middlechild or the RS291.

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
Danksi wrote:
I enjoyed my Middlechild early last year, then had to replace it due to recall so I picked the Wildcat instead. The Wildcat has been a great aggressive, short travel ride - looking at the design and numbers, it’s basically a Norco Optic.

Thinking of returning to the full-suspension + hardtail combo, but can’t decide between another Middlechild or the RS291.

The biggest differentiator on the two, all parts being equal, is the reach/ETT is long on the RS291, which make it better suited to trails that are steeper etc. I have mine with a 160 lyrik and it feels so much more stable at speed and on steeps than the MC, which works better for my trails here as it's slow up to shred down. The MC was a great bike for more punchy jumpy trails that were more smooth as I find the smaller wheels just don't tame lumps as well, no matter the tire, while the shorter rear end and small wheels work better for me on quick out of the saddle efforts and popping off little booters etc. MC feels more like a party bike, 291 is more monster truck, both are radical. .

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009608
Mobile Version of Website