Looking into a competitive downhill bike. Current looks are on the demo 8 or the v10

PB Forum :: Downhill
Looking into a competitive downhill bike. Current looks are on the demo 8 or the v10
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 18, 2018 at 7:55 Quote
Currently in search for a competitive downhill bike in the 3500-4000 dollar price range in preparation for next season. Any suggestions? Looking at demo 8 and v10

FL
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 17:54 Quote
can't go wrong with either of those tbh. try both and see which you prefer

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 18:33 Quote
I'd say that the v10 has a stiffer ride. I prefer the demo, but both are solid choices.

Have you ridden both of them?

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 10:04 Quote
Demo 8. I have smashed mine to the point where a normal bike would be in pieces but the demo is fine

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 11:42 Quote
You can't go wrong with either, saying that though, I love my Demo to bits.

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 0:14 Quote
AustinSr wrote:
Currently in search for a competitive downhill bike in the 3500-4000 dollar price range in preparation for next season. Any suggestions? Looking at demo 8 and v10

I would say the V10 is more of race feeling then Demo. Demo is more like a freeride bike, more playful.
V10 feels more stable at descends and keeps more speed (feels like it).

But cannot go wrong with one of the 2.

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 4:07 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
AustinSr wrote:

I would say the V10 is more of race feeling then Demo. Demo is more like a freeride bike, more playful.

Tripmo, Assuming proper suspension setup, can you (or anyone else) comment on the difference between how these bikes feel in the technical chunky stuff at speed? Does one soak up the chunk and/or feel more composed than the other in this type of terrain or is that what you were getting at when you mentioned the V10 was more “race feeling”?

As an aside, does anyone know what the deal with Demo page on the Specialized website is about? I would assume a 29er version release is more or less imminent, but it seems odd they’d take down the 27.5 version entirely unless they were doing away with it or it’s getting a redesign. Has anyone heard anything or care to speculate regarding what this is about?

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 6:38 Quote
Shartriloquist wrote:
Tripmo wrote:
AustinSr wrote:

Tripmo, Assuming proper suspension setup, can you (or anyone else) comment on the difference between how these bikes feel in the technical chunky stuff at speed? Does one soak up the chunk and/or feel more composed than the other in this type of terrain or is that what you were getting at when you mentioned the V10 was more “race feeling”?

As an aside, does anyone know what the deal with Demo page on the Specialized website is about? I would assume a 29er version release is more or less imminent, but it seems odd they’d take down the 27.5 version entirely unless they were doing away with it or it’s getting a redesign. Has anyone heard anything or care to speculate regarding what this is about?

Riding the V10 or a Gambler (what my current ride is) it feels "more racing", what I mean with that is:
These bikes plow through gnarly sections with such an ease, the suspension soak it all up. They feel more grounded, more stable while doing it. With a Demo you can jump better, they not stick to the ground as much compared to the V10. With that being said the Demo feels more playful. Don't get me wrong the Demo still goes over gnarly stuff pretty easy, just it pops a bit easier. Also with the V10 you have better control while you are at higher speeds because of being stuck to the ground better.

Hope you get what I am trying to say.
(sorry for my English if something is written or spelled wrongly, not my native Language).

Posted: Oct 26, 2018 at 19:11 Quote
Tripmo wrote:
Shartriloquist wrote:
Tripmo wrote:

Riding the V10 or a Gambler (what my current ride is) it feels "more racing", what I mean with that is:
These bikes plow through gnarly sections with such an ease, the suspension soak it all up. They feel more grounded, more stable while doing it. With a Demo you can jump better, they not stick to the ground as much compared to the V10. With that being said the Demo feels more playful. Don't get me wrong the Demo still goes over gnarly stuff pretty easy, just it pops a bit easier. Also with the V10 you have better control while you are at higher speeds because of being stuck to the ground better.

Hope you get what I am trying to say.
(sorry for my English if something is written or spelled wrongly, not my native Language).

That was a great description thanks for taking the time to break that down for me— definitely gives me a better idea of the handling characteristics.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028465
Mobile Version of Website