Buyer beware of seller - viciouscycleworx

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Buyer beware of seller - viciouscycleworx
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Oct 18, 2018 at 14:01 Quote
Buyer Beware - Ordered a Fox DHX2 for 2019 Specialized Stumpjumper from User: viciouscycleworx

I ordered it and talked to him on the phone. Paid his asking price of $720 on September 10th 2018. It has been well over a month now and any attempt to contact him to get a refund or update on the product has resulted in zero contact. 40 days to be exact. Text messages to the number he called me with resulted in delivered messages but no return text on update for the order. Phone calls have not been returned. Pinkbike private messages have not been returned. He picked up the phone once about 2 weeks ago and said "I'll call you later this week with an update" and nothing. Becareful of this Seller. I'm out over 700 bucks and now have to figure out how to dispute it with my bank.

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 at 14:43 Quote
Exactly how did you pay for the bike..?

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 14:39 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
Exactly how did you pay for the bike..?

I paid using a Visa Debit card to an invoice he sent me.

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 15:09 Quote
Had you paid via paypal for goods and services, you could have filed a dispute, and got your money back. Even when I buy on ebay, ect..I always use paypal..Scamers hate for you pay that way, and for good reason. It's not perfect, and mainly protects the buyer. Slim chance, but hopefully you get your $$ back.

Posted: Oct 26, 2018 at 16:58 Quote
Bsiegers wrote:
Huh

Huh what?

Posted: Oct 26, 2018 at 16:58 Quote
Update. Still no response to emails, phone or text messages. I’m still out $720 bucks.

Posted: Oct 26, 2018 at 20:25 Quote
Call your credit card company and explain the situation. You paid for goods not received. They can do (what they call) a chargeback to the seller.

Also better to post it to the thread listed below. The moderators can sometimes help.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=149619

Posted: Oct 27, 2018 at 2:02 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Call your credit card company and explain the situation. You paid for goods not received. They can do (what they call) a chargeback to the seller.

Also better to post it to the thread listed below. The moderators can sometimes help.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=149619

Thank you. Yeah. I’m trying too with Bank of America.

Also I just posted in that thread you suggested. Good looking out.

Posted: Oct 27, 2018 at 2:05 Quote
also, if the seller is in another state, that would be mail Fraud..You may want to notify the appropriate authorities to file a complaint..And yes, get your CC company involved.

Posted: Oct 28, 2018 at 0:34 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
also, if the seller is in another state, that would be mail Fraud..You may want to notify the appropriate authorities to file a complaint..And yes, get your CC company involved.

Thanks. He is in another state. Another user reached out to me and also has not received his shock. Guess I’m not the only one. Hope the moderators do something. His listing is still active.

Posted: Oct 28, 2018 at 0:39 Quote
michaeldorian wrote:
Hammer48 wrote:
also, if the seller is in another state, that would be mail Fraud..You may want to notify the appropriate authorities to file a complaint..And yes, get your CC company involved.

Thanks. He is in another state. Another user reached out to me and also has not received his shock. Guess I’m not the only one. Hope the moderators do something. His listing is still active.

This guy is a major Thief..get the cops involved. Combined with yours and who know how many others, that would be Grand Theft..which is Felony. Time to put this scumbag in jail.

Posted: Dec 27, 2018 at 10:11 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
michaeldorian wrote:
Hammer48 wrote:
also, if the seller is in another state, that would be mail Fraud..You may want to notify the appropriate authorities to file a complaint..And yes, get your CC company involved.

Thanks. He is in another state. Another user reached out to me and also has not received his shock. Guess I’m not the only one. Hope the moderators do something. His listing is still active.

This guy is a major Thief..get the cops involved. Combined with yours and who know how many others, that would be Grand Theft..which is Felony. Time to put this scumbag in jail.

I am one of the other users that was scammed by ViciousCycleworx (Tim). If anyone has questions feel free to PM me, but he got me for over $850. Apologies on not sharing the experience sooner as I did not know this area of the site existed. This took place in 2017.

If anyone lives in Utah, avoid Tim. He has seriously soured my PB buy/sell experiences

Posted: Apr 15, 2019 at 16:49 Quote
Interested to know what happened here.

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
reverend27 wrote:
Interested to know what happened here.


I second that...

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013415
Mobile Version of Website