What tires?

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
What tires?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 20, 2018 at 9:16 Quote
Hey guys want a pair of new tires. I want to be fast rolling but descent grip. Im going next year to some downtown races in the street. So I dont want something too aggressive but something that is good for street/dirt and some trail stuff? What do you think?

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 7:23 Quote
Check out Maxxis Minion SS? Unfortunately, Maxxis Holy Roller doesn’t seem to come in 27.5

Posted: Oct 21, 2018 at 12:54 Quote
SS-Minox wrote:
Check out Maxxis Minion SS? Unfortunately, Maxxis Holy Roller doesn’t seem to come in 27.5
Dude I really like the minion ss but what about the front wheel? I dont think that SS is good for FW

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 13:30 Quote
SS-Minox wrote:
Maxxis Ardent?
Dont ya think DHF better?

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 14:00 Quote
Yeah, but I figured you want to roll faster. Maybe even a Griffin up front. You don’t want too much knobbies for street. The hard part is figuring which you want more, street tires or dirt. I’m thinking the DHF is too knobby & will slow you way down.

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 2:40 Quote
SS-Minox wrote:
Yeah, but I figured you want to roll faster. Maybe even a Griffin up front. You don’t want too much knobbies for street. The hard part is figuring which you want more, street tires or dirt. I’m thinking the DHF is too knobby & will slow you way down.
I think that I want more grippier to the trails. You can ride in street on everything

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 7:09 Quote
Look into Maxxis Shorty or DHF then.

Posted: Oct 29, 2018 at 12:18 Quote
you can try schwalbe rock razor .

Posted: Nov 3, 2018 at 19:30 Quote
I love my Vittoria Martellos

Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 1:55 Quote
You could try running a Maxxis Aggressor on the rear, then a Rekon on the front, both are pretty low profile on the knobs but have plenty of grip for street. You could just run two Rekons as well and that'd work fine...

Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 2:10 Quote
Was looking for something similar. I Went for a Maxxis Ardent 2.3 in the front and a Maxxis Forekaster 2.25 in the back. So far I'm quite happy with it.

Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 9:33 Quote
I have some Maxxis Chronicle 27.5x3.0 and they roll pretty quick. They do suffer a bit of traction in loose or muddy terrain, but they work for me most of the time.

-Andrew

Posted: Apr 13, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
Front: DHF
Rear: Aggressor or DHR II

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2019 at 4:31 Quote
My suggestion would be Continental X Kings, I run them on my hardtail for commuting/pumptrack/gentle trail rides, they are faster rolling and grippier on wet rocks/roots than the Maxxis Aggressor on the back of my full suss.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014444
Mobile Version of Website