GT Fury Pro cracked headtube?

PB Forum :: Downhill
GT Fury Pro cracked headtube?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 9:16 Quote
Hey all. I have cracked my frame up at the top of the top tube behind the headtube and inbetween the top and downtube on my 2017 GT Fury Pro. I tried for a warranty claim but have been rejected as they have said it's due to the bike being rode too hard or a big crash or hard landing. Going back over all my riding before i noticed the crack, there to the best of my knowledge has not been anything out of the norm. Now I am putting this down to either bad design on GT's part or just all out weak frames!

Has anyone else suffered this problem with there GT? It would be good to hear from anyone or all if you've had similar problems. As I am not letting this one lie. The bike was less than a year old when this happened and it's safe to say I am very disappointed with GT DH bikes!

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 10:55 Quote
Anecdotally Whistler Blackcomb rentals had a few broke in a similar way when some idiot ghostied a rental off a lip to land front wheel first off a kicker, broke the forks, front wheel and the lot.

Second hand info that but the only instance I know of them breaking.

Posted: Oct 25, 2018 at 4:27 Quote
Exactly the same thing happened to a mate, he got a warranty replacement

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 31, 2018 at 12:16 Quote
I would be expecting at least a crash replacement front triangle for that if there is no other visible damage and the forks are fine on the bike... "ridden too hard", come on GT we are talking about an aluminum DH bike here not an XC whippet.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 15:04 Quote
Yeah absolute joke. They are not willing to fix it or replace it under warranty. Very disappointed with GT and will not be getting another one.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011913
Mobile Version of Website