Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Cracked GT Fury Pro Frame :(

PB Forum :: GT
Cracked GT Fury Pro Frame :(
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 9:50 Quote
Hey all. I have cracked my frame up at the top of the top tube behind the headtube and inbetween the top and downtube on my 2017 GT Fury Pro. I tried for a warranty claim but have been rejected as they have said it's due to the bike being rode too hard or a big crash or hard landing. Going back over all my riding before i noticed the crack, there to the best of my knowledge has not been anything out of the norm. Now I am putting this down to either bad design on GT's part or just all out weak frames!

Has anyone else suffered this problem with there GT? It would be good to hear from anyone or all if you've had similar problems. As I am not letting this one lie. The bike was less than a year old when this happened and it's safe to say I am very disappointed with GT DH bikes!

Posted: Dec 8, 2018 at 6:34 Quote
Damn. Sorry. Before we can lay blame to GT - which from everything I see and follow - doesn’t have a history of these breaking at all.

Did you have a bad front wheel crash or hit that - in wrong circumstances - have cause this? Just asking.

Posted: Dec 8, 2018 at 13:17 Quote
kgbdhbiker wrote:
Damn. Sorry. Before we can lay blame to GT - which from everything I see and follow - doesn’t have a history of these breaking at all.

Did you have a bad front wheel crash or hit that - in wrong circumstances - have cause this? Just asking.

Totally understandable to ask these questions. GT didn't bother to ask me anything. Just make there minds up themselves. But no I hadn't had any front end hits or big crashes. I have had the usual falls that you would expect from this sport but nothing to damage a frame. The annoying thing is I've got friends with cheaper older bikes that have had bigger falls. Landing etc and there bikes are fine. Some buckled wheels and the usual stuff but solid frames. No cracks. Nothing.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 8:50 Quote
Sorry to hear about your experience with GT.

It will me think twice now before considering any GT bike

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013104
Mobile Version of Website