2019 Fox Float X2 - Not enough tuning range?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2019 Fox Float X2 - Not enough tuning range?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 3:52 Quote
I recently purchased a 2019 Fox Float X2 and put it on my 2016 Giant Reign.
I also attached a shockwiz to help me dial in all the adjustments.

I chose to go with the "Softest - Planted" setting on the shockwiz app, to match my riding preference, and just to see what it was like.

After fiddling a bunch, this is the best I could get:

I had no spacers installed, yet it told me to remove a spacer.
Similarly with the LSC, it was fully out at it's minimum, yet the shockwiz suggested less.

Has anyone seen this before?
I'm kinda disappointed that I can't get such an expensive shock the way I would like.

Any suggestions?
For reference, the shock tune is DHGC

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 9:38 Quote
dingle485 wrote:

I chose to go with the "Softest - Planted" setting on the shockwiz app, to match my riding preference, and just to see what it was like.

Similarly with the LSC, it was fully out at it's minimum, yet the shockwiz suggested less.

I'm kinda disappointed that I can't get such an expensive shock the way I would like.

Any suggestions?

the shock wiz only makes recommendations , and i think you should take it with a pinch of salt

the real question is : Are you happy with the shock ? Is there something that feel sit could be a bit better to you ? Is the something feeling harsh / slow/fast or whatever o you ?

If you're happy don't sweat what the shock wiz says

if not post here or send me a message , i see you're a saffa masekind

084 9eight1 79five2

Posted: Oct 25, 2018 at 11:22 Quote
The X2 is a great shock. I know most people will disagree with me but I think the shock wiz is a frickin joke. I have buddies that tried it Seemed like a gimmick. Just my 2 cents. I would say set it up the old school way and start with getting your sag set right and go from there.

Posted: Oct 26, 2018 at 8:00 Quote
Dougdirt wrote:
The X2 is a great shock. I know most people will disagree with me but I think the shock wiz is a frickin joke. I have buddies that tried it Seemed like a gimmick. Just my 2 cents. I would say set it up the old school way and start with getting your sag set right and go from there.

I initially started with around 35% sag, one spacer, and the recommended compression and rebound adjustments from the guide that came with the shock. It felt ok, but I wasn't blown away.

Here's the thing though, I'm not a pro rider, nor do I have a lot of experience with different shocks, so I couldn't translate what I was feeling to the six different things you can adjust on the shock.

Then I did a few rides with the shockwiz. The main changes it recommended were: More air, less spacers, and less compression.
It definitely felt better after doing that, so I think it is a useful device.

Posted: Oct 26, 2018 at 8:02 Quote
BaGearA wrote:
dingle485 wrote:

Any suggestions?

the shock wiz only makes recommendations , and i think you should take it with a pinch of salt

the real question is : Are you happy with the shock ? Is there something that feel sit could be a bit better to you ? Is the something feeling harsh / slow/fast or whatever o you ?

If you're happy don't sweat what the shock wiz says

if not post here or send me a message , i see you're a saffa masekind

084 9eight1 79five2

I don't really have much of a reference to what is good enough or what could be better. I'm not a pro rider or reviewer.
It feels good, but how do I know it couldn't be better if I could adjust it further?

Posted: Oct 29, 2018 at 10:18 Quote
very difficult to say , i could ride your bike and make comments but I don't weigh as much as you do nor do i ride with your style

If i could get detailed and slow mo vids of you and you bike as it moves through its suspension while you ride on different erain I could probaly give you go advice but that will only get you so far ( and i think the shock wiz can get you near that already )

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 at 6:40 Quote
i found myself at the far end of a x2 also . some shock tunes dont work with certain bikes and / or riding styles

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015407
Mobile Version of Website