Please help determine the value

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Please help determine the value
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 6, 2018 at 13:15 Quote
Hey,

I'm potentially getting a bike from a friend, it's an Orange Ms Isle, with Chris King hubs and headset, raceface crank, blackspire pedals, raceface stem and bars, hydraulic disk brakes.

I understand the frame is old; however I do not know if that plays into the value, or against. (I don't know the exact year of it)

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: Nov 6, 2018 at 22:35 Quote
I would say $200. Even if it’s in great shape your going to go through hell trying to replace some of the parts if you ever need to. Mainly the fork. 1 1/8 headyubes are hard to come by. The upgraded parts definitely help on the value. Depending on how you plan to ride it and how often ride it should be your big factors. I would not spend too much though. You can get a new decent hardtail around $500-800 and. Used one around $400 pretty easy that would be much more modern and easier to maintain

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 at 11:23 Quote
Martron12 wrote:
I would say $200. Even if it’s in great shape your going to go through hell trying to replace some of the parts if you ever need to. Mainly the fork. 1 1/8 headyubes are hard to come by. The upgraded parts definitely help on the value. Depending on how you plan to ride it and how often ride it should be your big factors. I would not spend too much though. You can get a new decent hardtail around $500-800 and. Used one around $400 pretty easy that would be much more modern and easier to maintain

Thanks for the feedback. Yea from the research I've done, I've seen the frames going for that etc, some fullbuilds as well.
It's a complete bike, single speed with cassette. Has Manitou camo Sherman Breakout forks (I know, old)

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008003
Mobile Version of Website