SB 130 Frame Protection

PB Forum :: Yeti
SB 130 Frame Protection
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 7, 2018 at 11:01 Quote
Looks like invisiframe has a kit but seems like a long way to ship to US. Anyone have recommendations/experience with a different manufacturer?

Yes I know I can buy a roll from Amazon and cut my own but am looking for precut kits.

Thanks!

Posted: Nov 7, 2018 at 12:13 Quote
mattr wrote:
Looks like invisiframe has a kit but seems like a long way to ship to US. Anyone have recommendations/experience with a different manufacturer?

Yes I know I can buy a roll from Amazon and cut my own but am looking for precut kits.

Thanks!

mastic tape , looks shitty but bu it can take a damn beating that even ams won't survive

Posted: Nov 8, 2018 at 6:47 Quote
I ordered the Invisiframe and it arrived in like 2 days. It takes a little time and patience to put on but it looks fantastic and does what it is supposed to do, protect your frame. Highly recommend this stuff if you want to spend a little extra to protect your investment.

Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 20:34 Quote
mattr wrote:

Thanks!

Yeti has one thats die cut perfectly for your frame. You can get it directly from their website.

Good Luck, DP

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 16:23 Quote
I just bought Ride Wrap. Haven’t put it on yet but it covers a large majority of the frame. Also got it for my fork.

Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 20:16 Quote
Padillad wrote:
mattr wrote:

Thanks!

Yeti has one thats die cut perfectly for your frame. You can get it directly from their website.

Good Luck, DP

I installed one and like it. A heat gun does help encourage the film's edges to conform better.

Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 10:52 Quote
mattr wrote:

Thanks!

Uplnd Stoke - Great product, small company, American made! Highly recmommend checking them out.

Posted: Aug 24, 2020 at 9:47 Quote
I have heard that the yeti one is not that great because of how thin it is. I recently bought a 130 aswell and I am going to do the ridewrap covered protection and then buy some mastic tape to protect the fork.

Posted: Aug 24, 2020 at 9:50 Quote
The Yeti Invisiframe is holding up but the 3M tape doesn;t stick as well so the edges always get dirty and then peel back and lets moisture in. Then it looks like crap so I pull it all off. YMMV

Posted: Aug 24, 2020 at 11:34 Quote
What would you recommend for fork protection? I don’t want to spend 40$ on the ride wrap one. Invisframe is only 26, lizard skin, what would you recommend?

Posted: Aug 24, 2020 at 17:57 Quote
I think I used one from All Mountain Style. Because my forks get banged up so much, esp from bike racks, I would actually use 3M on the lowers and replace often...

Posted: Aug 24, 2020 at 21:19 Quote
Your forks do take a beating. I think That I will definitely go for some thick stuff

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 11:48 Quote
I just installed the RideWrap Full Coverage kit on my 2021 Sb130LR... Overall, I would say that its not easy. Videos say it takes 1-2 hours, but it took me almost 4 hours. Maybe im just too OCD, but its a process.

Also, not sure if the 2020 frame is different at all than the 2021, but some pieces were super hard to fit. I ended up ditching some pieces. Might just throw the All Mountain protective stuff on those spots.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006100
Mobile Version of Website