inverted forks!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
inverted forks!
Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 8:05 Quote
fantaman wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Just got this blue 650b Dorado, it was custom made for the Hayes Bergamont World Cup team and never used!

Hayes Bergamont 650B Dorado with IRT amp MRD kits. Limited blue black ano.

That looks awesome i also got a dorado for my Demo,Dorado's looking freaking legit.

Cannot wait to see the full awesomeness of your Demo Fanta.
This one is going on the McGarry Tues since i got the blue colour scheme on it already.
Will give me a chance to get the Boxxer WC taken off and serviced also.

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 13:00 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
fantaman wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Just got this blue 650b Dorado, it was custom made for the Hayes Bergamont World Cup team and never used!

That looks awesome i also got a dorado for my Demo,Dorado's looking freaking legit.

Cannot wait to see the full awesomeness of your Demo Fanta.
This one is going on the McGarry Tues since i got the blue colour scheme on it already.
Will give me a chance to get the Boxxer WC taken off and serviced also.

Can't wait to see that dorado in that Tues Beer

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 22:13 Quote
Some additional inverted forks:

Intend edge : www.intend-bc.com

CRConception: (facebook page).

I am also the happy owner of 2 revel forks. They are definitely available.
Love the overall stiffness and performance. Great damper cartridge...

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 17:55 Quote
I have always wanted the SASO MEKS fork
Look lovely on a mountain cycle shockwave 9.5
I used to have the old dorado and shiver DC I think the shiver were way better , felt stronger and required a lot less maintainence

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 1:37 Quote
2strokepower wrote:
I have always wanted the SASO MEKS fork
Look lovely on a mountain cycle shockwave 9.5
I used to have the old dorado and shiver DC I think the shiver were way better , felt stronger and required a lot less maintainence

I can testify that the shiver was bulletproof, easy to maintain and WAY more plush and sensitive than most modern forks! My current yari feels terrible in comparison even though it weighs half the weight! Bring back forks with decent amount of oil!

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 9:54 Quote
The best inverted fork I ever had was the white brothers 200, super smooth, easy to work on, and torsional stiffer than the shiver. Still have it on my wall of history. Just wish it was about 2lbs lighter. Still the best duel crown fork I’ve ever ridden.

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 10:16 Quote
Best dual crown I've tried is the new boxxer charger.
That's from someone who loves inverted forks and I've tried more than 50 different ones.

Have yet to try the blue Bergamont Dorado I recently picked up and I'm hoping it out performs the boxxer though

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 19:38 Quote
You have tried over 50 different inverted dual crown forks?

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 22:01 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
You have tried over 50 different inverted dual crown forks?

Should've been clearer, at least 50 Forks, all types. A couple of linkage driven/telelever ones also.

Just one guys opinion though...

By the way, love your Yeti DH9

Posted: Dec 18, 2017 at 15:11 Quote
Hmmmmm I sense a little project trying to custom fit the charger damper in some shivers
I have ridden most USD fork not white brothers though and I do love the Avalsnche DHF 8.5 though heavy.
BUT! Kowa forks are sublime and very light only ever ridden on a buddy’s team bike from many years ago.

Posted: Dec 18, 2017 at 22:12 Quote
2strokepower wrote:
Hmmmmm I sense a little project trying to custom fit the charger damper in some shivers
I have ridden most USD fork not white brothers though and I do love the Avalsnche DHF 8.5 though heavy.
BUT! Kowa forks are sublime and very light only ever ridden on a buddy’s team bike from many years ago.

The converted Avalanche shiver is a close run thing to the Boxxer but the chassis holds it back. If it was lighter then nothing would touch it.

Again, just my opinion. I know these things are subjective and will depend on your riding style/terrain etc.

Avalanche 2005 Shiver DC with Funn MZX4 DM stem

Posted: Dec 18, 2017 at 23:41 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
That's from someone who loves inverted forks and I've tried more than 50 different ones.

Have yet to try the blue Bergamont Dorado I recently picked up and I'm hoping it out performs the boxxer though
hows the fork collection going?

Posted: Dec 18, 2017 at 23:46 Quote
False wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:

hows the fork collection going?

Offshore on a rig just now and over Christmas + New year to generate money for more Smile

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 at 5:42 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
2strokepower wrote:

The converted Avalanche shiver is a close run thing to the Boxxer but the chassis holds it back. If it was lighter then nothing would touch it.

Again, just my opinion. I know these things are subjective and will depend on your riding style/terrain etc.

Avalanche 2005 Shiver DC with Funn MZX4 DM stem

The weight thing really does not bother me unless they are obviously super monster which are very heavy but my bike weighs about 56lb and I don’t feel it’s heavy

Posted: Dec 19, 2017 at 6:02 Quote
Yeah the Super is nuts..must hang it on scales at some point.
I have it mounted on a Foes DHS Mono but haven't finished the build yet.

On my retro bikes the weight isn't an issue either. The problem starts when you have a mega light frame such as Evil Undead or YT Tues CF.
You really notice the fore/aft weight distribution then.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016281
Mobile Version of Website