BC Road Trip 2019 - All input is appreciated!

PB Forum :: Canada - West
BC Road Trip 2019 - All input is appreciated!
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
Hey gents,

Thanks for the added input! Really appreciate it.

I've cut down the amount of driving I'll be doing and have pretty much set on this plan as my first trip to BC:

Land, Get to whistler
Park
Park
Rest
Trails - Green monster, dark crystal, micro climate, out there, Billy’s epic,
Park
Park
Rest
Trails
Park
Trails
Crankworx
Crankworx
Go to Vancouver / Rest
Fromme
Fromme
Cyprus
Cyprus
Seymour
Seymour
Squamish
Squamish The shred shuttle
Squamish
Transit to Coastal / Rest
Coastal
Coastal
Vancouver Island Campbell River
Vancouver Island Forbidden Platue
Vancouver Island Cumberland
Vancouver Island Hornby Island
Vancouver Island Nainamo
Vancouver Island Rest/ Nainamo
Vancouver Island Tzouhalem
Vancouver Island Sooke

3 extra days to fit in some more chill out time and take in the culture.

Whistler I'll be linking up with friends hence the duration there, then going solo after in a van.

Cheers!

Posted: Mar 29, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
may i suggest putting your rest days in-between your your two in a row park days. unless you come in with 100,000 meters vertical training in your arms/hands. you may not be able to hold a beer on day two lol
your results may vary...

Posted: Mar 29, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
Agree about resting the hands for park days if you aren't used to it... if you blow your hands up on day 1 you will feel it for a week (stay hydrated, take breaks, rest etc).

For Whistler trail days, Micro Climate and Dark Crystal in one ride is a big one (1,500m climbing maybe?) with the grindy climb up (especially if it's hot). Green Monster and Billy's Epic could be another day and I would of course suggest Lord of the Squirrels for the third trail day.

For the island, I would skip Campbell River and add an extra day to Cumberland/Forbidden Plateau. There is OK xc riding at the Snowden demo forest but it's nothing compared to Cumberland in my opinion. Campbell River is a nice enough small city but Cumberland has an amazing small town mountain biking vibe to it with the brewery, pizza, coffee and bike shops on main street just blocks from the biking.

Have fun!

Posted: Mar 29, 2019 at 19:29 Quote
I've got a shakeweight taped to each hand for the next 3 months as training ... ha Facepalm

Good tips!
I've done some 4 days trips to the closest comparable bike park here called Maydena which is about 800m descent so I've got a bit of training ... but without a doubt I'll squeeze in the rest days as you fellas have suggested.

Yeah I still need to check trailforks out regarding the size of rides for the trails near Whistler, so far its just been word of mouth trail name recommendations. Happy to climb for some sweet descending and gnarly features ... low priority goes to XC.

Awesome, very keen to check out local vibes so I appreciate the extra info

Thanks fellas

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 14:35 Quote
I would agree with the folks saying you should narrow the area you're looking to cover. Save Eastern BC for another trip. I would add a couple days to rude in the valley. Vedder and Sumas are awesome. You could also cross the border into Bellingham and ride Galbraith. There's endless options here.

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 7:50 Quote
I agree that the tech fall line stuff is where kicking horse excels, they have tried to build jump lines which are descent but we just don’t have the dirt for it or the manpower to maintain it, if they just focused on steep tech it would be an incredible place to ride

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010177
Mobile Version of Website