Trestle or Evolution August 2019

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Trestle or Evolution August 2019
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 12, 2018 at 3:52 Quote
Hi, Would like everyone’s feedback on an August trip we’re planning from out east.

We have narrowed our choices (whistler got eliminated due to big event then open to any other suggestions) to Trestle and Evolution (Crested Butte). Would appreciate feedback. I am 50 and have two boys 13 and 15 who are one and two levels above me. Depending on the mountain I fall around a low to high intermediate. We are going for Down Hill mostly. Mostly like flow trails and judge type smooth and berms. Also winding trails and some tech on our list especially my older advanced rider. Trail progression from begineer to advanced is very very important so we can get good warm ups on fun trails and all progress in confidence that week. A well laid out easy to navigate system would also be nice. Reasonably fast lifts are important so we can grab lots of vert. We will be renting everything so good rental fleet and ease of getting gear important and lastly convienience to post ride ementities like food and ent or other things to do. We plan to stay on or very near mountain. Any help suggestions or other places we should consider? Greatly appreciated!

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 0:38 Quote
Ive never been to Evolution but Trestle fits the bill. They have a lot of flow with easy progression. A lot of the trails intertwine so if you are riding at different levels you can meet up at multiple points on the mountain. Granby is about 30 min from there so you can check out that bike park too.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2019 at 14:55 Quote
Since you are coming from the east coast are you flying into Denver? If so, winter park is only about 1.5 hours from DIA. Crested Butte is 4.5 hours so that's worth factoring in.

I have been to both resorts and both fit your needs. Winter Park will have more trails and they have a good balance of smooth singletrack, chunky singletrack, and jump trails. In my opinion the trails at Evolution bike park lean more towards smooth and flowy.

Winter Park just installed a gondola at the base and they have more lifts than Crested Butte but there will be more trail users at Winter Park compared to Crested Butte (mostly due to how much closer Winter Park is to Denver)

Keep in mind both locations have world class riding outside of the downhill resorts, not sure if you were planning on doing any riding outside of the bike parks while you are out here on your trip but if you are you can't go wrong with the trails around either resort.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 15:03 Quote
Granby ranch is a short drive from winter park so you could easily hit two bike parks

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009284
Mobile Version of Website