Tues on a car rack?

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Tues on a car rack?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 14:20 Quote
Just wondering what everyone is using for a rack to carry a Tues on a vehicle? I have a two month old North Shore Rack and the bike doesn’t fit. The head tube is far too big. I’d really like to avoid modifying my rack. I’m looking at a Recon Rack but having trouble getting approval from head office (my wife)....

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 6:03 Quote
I use this rack:

It probably doesnt help you as this a Euro rack, but might help some people in Europe.

Older models had no ratchets straps on the wheel and where quit unsafe.
The clamp goes on the seatpost or just below the seatpost clamp on the seattube.

It works much better then typical thule rack with the n-shaped rack on the rear. This Spinder even works with a rearwheel on the trunk: I had it on a Jeep Wrangler. It also has a fold down option so you can open trunk on sedans or hatchbacks.

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 10:11 Quote
tiredsoul wrote:
Just wondering what everyone is using for a rack to carry a Tues on a vehicle? I have a two month old North Shore Rack and the bike doesn’t fit. The head tube is far too big. I’d really like to avoid modifying my rack. I’m looking at a Recon Rack but having trouble getting approval from head office (my wife)....

The prongs on the NS rack can be bent out a bit to make room for bigger head tubes. Had to do this for my Norco Aurum carbon. Was able to get it open enough with a small bar. I have read somewhere that hitting the prong with a heat gun and using a long breaker bar makes it a lot easier. I would email NS Racks to confirm that is OK before doing it.

It's definitely possible on both the old and new Tues frames -- I've seen Brett Tippie's bikes on his NS rack.

Posted: Jan 18, 2019 at 13:33 Quote
tiredsoul wrote:

Please consider Alta Racks. Made in Utah. We build upright racks that can carry your bike with no damage. Check out our review page.
www.altaracks.com

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 6:44 Quote
I managed to get my Tues on my Thule roof rack.
Quite a pain though, the suspension needs to be compressed a bit before the arm will fit.

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 18:45 Quote
dingle485 wrote:
Quite a pain though, the suspension needs to be compressed a bit before the arm will fit.

Just so you know your steering wheel is on the wrong side. ????

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 19:21 Quote
dingle485 wrote:

Are you sure the arm is supposed to hold the frame, not the front wheel? (like T2)

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 23:46 Quote
dingle485 wrote:

tiredsoul wrote:
Just so you know your steering wheel is on the wrong side. ????

Yes, I like it this way. Makes driving more interesting

Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 23:48 Quote
brianl wrote:
dingle485 wrote:

Are you sure the arm is supposed to hold the frame, not the front wheel? (like T2)

Yeah, it's the Thule Pro Ride

https://www.thule.com/en/za/bike-rack/roof-bike-racks/thule-proride-_-598001

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
Had a flashback of this thread when I tried to put my bike on top of my car yesterday and the rack didn't fit - I've the same bike-rack and the Tues 2019 and not sure if I can put the bike that way but will try it again today !

There's another Thule rack that you can just take the front wheel out and lock the rest of the frame but not sure if it fits the fork !?

Luckily I've an estate and managed to fit everything in the trunk with seats down but I hate to being the bike inside the car.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 14:19 Quote
SOLVED !

in the words of the great prophet Missy Elliot "Is it worth it, let me work it, I put my thang down, flip it and reverse it."

Is it worth it Let me work it I put my thing down flip it and reverse it. -- Prophet Missy Elliot

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031144
Mobile Version of Website