Trails - GTA/ Durham region

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trails - GTA/ Durham region
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
What are your fevourite trails in the GTA/Durham region? Im looking to expand my selection. P.S. Im looking for some tight single track.

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 17:26 Quote
The Don. Has tons of trails, even a stunt or two.

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 7:15 Quote
For DJ, theres a few around bowmanville/Courtice area. jackman, the jumps on 57, the ravine place (temporarily nameless), fields, back fields, 2 of my buddy's houses, one with a f-set of doubles in a row, (really smooth), and i no there's a few more. A buddy of mine claims hes making a north shore area but i dont no where yet

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 7:34 Quote
ill let you guys know once this spot is up, but for this year we are building a new spot prob gunna have around a 6-8 pack of 6-7 foot tall djs. location has already been chosen, just need the ground to thaw up Smile we also have a dec. 3 pack going already.

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
If you're looking for XC trails Ganaraska forest is amazing! Some of the best single track in the area in my opinion

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 20:28 Quote
yea it definately has prime riding spots. i dirtbike in there alot to and theres some really nice tight singltrakc that would be extremelty fun on a mtn bike.

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 21:25 Quote
yeah, the dirtbikers like to tear up the wrong trails and then ride them backwards, its greatMadder Really Mad hahaha, i'm not saying you do it! To many close calls with getting run over to many times!lol

yeah, there is a lot of amazing single track, and even some decent double track as well! The only problem is you have to pay to get in, but get a seasons pass and your set!

Where abouts do you live in the GTA/Durham region?

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
huckaluckatrucka wrote:
yea it definately has prime riding spots. i dirtbike in there alot to and theres some really nice tight singltrakc that would be extremelty fun on a mtn bike.

I hope you aren't dirtbiking on the single track. Get caught (though almost impossible in that place) and you're looking at a sweet fine.

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 11:56 Quote
haha yea i dont ride the mountain bike stuff. i ride over in the east and west forest were your alowed to dirtbike. and i have a seasons pass. well worth the money. and i live in courtice (right beside oshawa)

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 11:56 Quote
there are dirtbike specific single tracks but they are in the west and east parts of the forest, get caught riding any where in the central part and you are screwed as Gany said! I know a guy that got reported and got something around a $5000 fine. . . . Eek

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
Ok, I just re-read something, and you're right. Dirtbikes are allowed in the singletrack in the east and west sections. It's ATV's that aren't allowed on the singletrack.

http://www.hedney.com/freewheelers/Maps/West_Forest.PDF

Got it off the Ganaraska Freewheeler's website.

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 8:40 Quote
haha yea:P hence the word single. they dont fit on most of the singletrack. you could have some sick flowy single/double track with jumps and some north shore in there for sure if you got permission and had a crew to maintain it

Posted: Mar 12, 2010 at 17:16 Quote
huckaluckatrucka wrote:
haha yea:P hence the word single. they dont fit on most of the singletrack. you could have some sick flowy single/double track with jumps and some north shore in there for sure if you got permission and had a crew to maintain it

The only thing wrong with Ganaraska is the equestrian riders...the last time I was there I took a dump in the middle of the trail because I thought THAT was to proper Ganaraska Forest Trail Ettiquet...seriously though, there was horse $#!+ every 2 feet!

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 8:01 Quote
Yes I know this thread is old, but has anyone been out to the Gany this winter season 2014? What are they like? Can a hard tail 26" wheeled non fat bike ride there this time of year?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012696
Mobile Version of Website