Maxxis DTH 2.15 or 2.3?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Maxxis DTH 2.15 or 2.3?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 8:32 Quote
Looking for a street/park tire for my NS Decade. I’ve used shwalbe table tops in the past which are 2.25 width but when I have them pumped up to about 50-60psi I think they get closer to 2.35 width. When they are on my bike, if the tire isn’t seated on the rim perfectly then I do get some rubbing with my rear wheel.

My question is, when going with the DTH should I get 2.15 to avoid clearance issues? Or would the 2.3 fit my NS Decade?

Thanks

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 11:49 Quote
Hard to tell for sure, based on your frame clearance, but I´ve ridden both 2.15 and 2.3 DTHs on a Cryptkeeper and V.Slope frame and did not find them excessively fat.

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 8:49 Quote
JayDallas wrote:
Looking for a street/park tire for my NS Decade. I’ve used shwalbe table tops in the past which are 2.25 width but when I have them pumped up to about 50-60psi I think they get closer to 2.35 width. When they are on my bike, if the tire isn’t seated on the rim perfectly then I do get some rubbing with my rear wheel.

My question is, when going with the DTH should I get 2.15 to avoid clearance issues? Or would the 2.3 fit my NS Decade?

Thanks

ive run tt's and 2.3 dth's on my rear end, when i slam the wheel the tt will rub when cornering hard, but i can ride a dth no problem, this is mostly due to the tt having a more square profile with the knobs sticking off the corners, where the dth is rounder and the widest part is lower near the sidewall, my guess is if you can just barely clear tt then a 2.3 dth will be perfect for you

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009376
Mobile Version of Website