Rampage

• Previous Page
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 19:08 Quote
So what would you guys think about a new rampage? This is all hypothetical but who do u think would win? What type of riding would u think youd see? types of bikes?

-Id say a rider like bearclaw or boyko would take it... i can see that the winner would be a 6 inch from and rear rig and not on a big bike. I can definately see it being like a slopesyle on a mountain... lots of tricks being thrown...

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 19:11 Quote
I would be disappointed if its like a slopestyle event. I could see bearclaw or Boyko taking it.

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 19:11 Quote
I would love to see something like this. On a mountain with no man made stuff, just man and mountain

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
romaniuk, bearclaw, bourdon, vanderham??

it would be sweet if it was just like the redbull rampage.

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
that would be really intense, well, not really intense, but still pretty intense.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
there's talks about a Rampage happening in the Gobi Desert in China, should be pretty sick! Id be betting on Mccual, Berrecloth, Boyko or Romaniuk.

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 19:17 Quote
mtnbikermaniac wrote:

A much as i hate to say it but the claw is the only one out of that bunch that could win it... having no man made features would be awesome... i think that there should be a stipualtion... no tricks.. table tops are fine, whips, tweaks are all good... jus judge it on how tough of a line and how well you can ride it... going big, fluidity makin look easy... thats my idea of rampage...

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
mtnbikermaniac wrote:

A much as i hate to say it but the claw is the only one out of that bunch that could win it... having no man made features would be awesome... i think that there should be a stipualtion... no tricks.. table tops are fine, whips, tweaks are all good... jus judge it on how tough of a line and how well you can ride it... going big, fluidity makin look easy... thats my idea of rampage...

Spot on. No big man made jumps, drops or wall rides just good a few small kickers and such

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
toolisgod wrote:
that would be really intense, well, not really intense, but still pretty intense.
lol thanks for that pontius

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
and i would like to see a big mountain rider take it but i could for sure see boyko takin it he hits the big stuff and three's off pretty much anything

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
norcodj wrote:
and i would like to see a big mountain rider take it but i could for sure see boyko takin it he hits the big stuff and three's off pretty much anything

most agreed... like having no tricks would make it fair for the people that can't three off drops or tailwhip ya know... but its not gonna happen like that... itll go to someone like boyko that threes of huge hucks...

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
What if you added a timed eliment to it. So it would be judged on style, line choice and speed/time?

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 19:46 Quote
extention wrote:
What if you added a timed eliment to it. So it would be judged on style, line choice and speed/time?

time... not so much.. jus cuz everyone has a different line... like gee's line from 04... fast and flowy... but like matt hunter's qualifying line on 04 was way more tech and couldnt be ridden as fast...

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
extention wrote:

time... not so much.. jus cuz everyone has a different line... like gee's line from 04... fast and flowy... but like matt hunter's qualifying line on 04 was way more tech and couldnt be ridden as fast...
Yeah Look at how Gee and cedric rode rampage they were both so fast and smooth. Thats what I like to see. There would have to be some way to promote that style of riding

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
practically the only way to do that is to have another rampage... so some big company needs to pull their heads out their butts and get it going intstead of slopestyle cuz all mtb is becoming is gnarlier bmx...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010203
Mobile Version of Website