Most playful bike, post yours

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Most playful bike, post yours
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 13:46 Quote
Wondering what people think the most playful bike is. Can’t be a 29er because that’s the whole reason I’m looking for one. Seeing what people like about their bikes and what makes them playful, as I’m in the market after buying a 29er but it’s a monster truck

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 14:11 Quote
My old Transition Scout was pretty much the most capable, poppy and playful bike I've ever owned. Can't recommend them enough.

The Evil Calling sounds pretty similar, haven't ridden one though.

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 19:42 Quote
Finally complete.

This one. Nothing I'd change about its ride. I can boost off a pencil thin twig, then hit high speed rocks, then carve corners much better than my level of skill should allow.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 21, 2018 at 4:58 Quote
photo
I'd agree with 27.5" wheels, rather than 29". I'd also want something with shorter travel, so I'll nominate my Orange Four.

I was watching Danny MacAskill's "Wee day out" earlier and I think he rides a Santa Cruz 5010 in that. I'd also look at what the 50to1 boys are riding.

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 at 5:05 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
My old Transition Scout was pretty much the most capable, poppy and playful bike I've ever owned. Can't recommend them enough.

The Evil Calling sounds pretty similar, haven't ridden one though.

Hell yeah.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2018 at 8:15 Quote
photo
Transition Scout. Loves jumps and trying stupid sh*t.

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 at 13:57 Quote
yeah i've been drawn to the 5010 especially since 2nd hand they're getting cheap in NZ or the transistion and evil i've heard good things about to, just dont have the money for an evil lol. It's cool to see everyones thoughts though

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 at 15:39 Quote
Transition Scout

My Transition Scout, it jumps so good and is so easy to get sideways, hop around, manual, and corner! So much fun riding this bike.

Posted: Nov 21, 2018 at 16:53 Quote
photo

Its for sale! Easily the most playful bike I've ever owned, just too much travel for me!

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 6:27 Quote
I bought a Whyte T-130 this summer. Very playful. Pops, flicks, etc, thanks (I believe) to its short chain stay. But, it's overall reach and length are still long, making it stable as well. It hunkers down nicely in banked turns, then pops up over tabletops, feeling lighter than it is. It's also right at home as a great trail bike. Makes steep technical climbs and descents fun. I ride the T-130 on everything now. They hit the "do it all bike" target with the T-130. It's "only" 130mm, but feels longer than 150's I've ridden.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 8:42 Quote
Trek Remedy! Playful beast of a bike

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 17:23 Quote
evil's, transition's and knolly's are probably be your best option.
I have owned 18 enduro bikes over the years and I would say the knolly warden is the most capable and fun bike ever (i haven't ridden a fugitive yet but they are also supposed to be amazing). I had a transition patrol and sold it for the knolly because I tried a friends and it was way more fun.

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 6:28 Quote
My Rocky Mountain Altitude 770 Rally is plenty playful, but I still don’t know how to upload pics on Pinkbike.

Posted: Nov 27, 2018 at 10:07 Quote
CAMERONN1303 wrote:
evil's, transition's and knolly's are probably be your best option.
I have owned 18 enduro bikes over the years and I would say the knolly warden is the most capable and fun bike ever (i haven't ridden a fugitive yet but they are also supposed to be amazing). I had a transition patrol and sold it for the knolly because I tried a friends and it was way more fun.

18 enduro bikes eh? Must have been riding enduro before enduro was enduro. Enduro.

Posted: Nov 29, 2018 at 20:13 Quote
Intense Spider 275C. It's like a 5010 on crack. Nothing I've ever ridden hops, bobs, weaves and manuals like it.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015056
Mobile Version of Website