East Coaster Planning Trip to California - Looking for Advice

PB Forum :: Downhill
East Coaster Planning Trip to California - Looking for Advice
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 28, 2018 at 12:18 Quote
Hey,

I've been planning a 2019 vacation out West to try some of the better DH mountain bike parks and I was curious what people thought of Northstar and how that might stack up to parks I've already been to. My favorites here on the East Coast are Highland (NH), Thunder (MASS), Killington (VT), and Windham (NY).

I've heard very good things about Northstar. Any advice?

Posted: Dec 13, 2018 at 19:07 Quote
Can't say anything about Northstar. You most likely will drive through Colorado, several parks along and just off I 70. West of Denver Winter Park, Keystone, Sol Vista, Vail, many more, don't limit your self to one park if you're going to drive all that way. If you fly, go for it and take lots of pics. Idaho and N.M. both have the goods to. Happy trais.

Posted: Dec 14, 2018 at 7:03 Quote
CanyonCruiser wrote:
Hey,

I've been planning a 2019 vacation out West to try some of the better DH mountain bike parks and I was curious what people thought of Northstar and how that might stack up to parks I've already been to. My favorites here on the East Coast are Highland (NH), Thunder (MASS), Killington (VT), and Windham (NY).

I've heard very good things about Northstar. Any advice?

I haven't been but I heard trestle bike park is really good. If you want to go a little further west swap the dh bike for a trail bike and hit up moab, or ride DH in virgin, Utah.

OR just go all the way west and go to whistler. I chose to drive from NYC and It's not as crazy of a drive as you think. It's 3 days of average driving time but you're in the cross country mood of things and it'll go by sooner than you think. Crazy fun experience and awesome to be in the heart of it all.

Posted: Dec 14, 2018 at 7:11 Quote
Northstar and Mammoth are cool, but if you're planning an epic, once in a lifetime trip out west - go to Whistler.

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2018 at 10:11 Quote
NRP wrote:
Northstar and Mammoth are cool, but if you're planning an epic, once in a lifetime trip out west - go to Whistler.

Maybe just move to Bellingham or BC

Posted: Dec 15, 2018 at 11:25 Quote
Northstar is pretty sweet! If you like riding DH you will like it, its especially good with a little moisture or when it first opens.
Also there is a lot of good DH shuttle stuff in that area if you ask bike shops they might be able to help you. and don't forget Downieville. But other than that... I would continue on to Santa Cruz, Pacifica, DIrtjumps around the bay maybe? ... then maybe Ashland and then keep going up?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027976
Mobile Version of Website