One Up Dropper

• Previous Page
Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 6:00 Quote
Any opinions on the One up Dropper?
My e13 on my Capra is not the best so I'm looking for a new post. First thoughts were a thompson covert but the one up appears worth looking at.

FL
Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 7:47 Quote
BikeYoke Revive posts are excellent, I run a 185mm version and have had no problems whatsoever. A bit more expensive than the OneUp post though.

I've only read the reviews and quotes from owners on here for the OneUp.

They seem to get good reviews and you'd be able to buy the longest version and shorten it to your perfect seat height.

FL
Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 9:12 Quote
What's the issue with your TRS dropper? I've been running mine since February with no issues.

Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 9:21 Quote
Originally the spring was too weak and very quickly e13 sent me an improved spring which solved the problem.
At 12 months i serviced it as it wouldn't work properly and found the bearings rusty so replaced and re greased and all fine.
Ive never got on with the e13 lever so replaced it with a different one.
I don't ride that often but generally afterwards I clean and lube and the post works ok.
However near the end of my ride it fails to fully extend without a yank and I'm not particularly looking forward to pulling all apart again.
I tried a reverb and christ that returns like a rocket so i am exploring a new snappier post that wont be so needy!

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 10:52 Quote
I like my OneUp post. Easy to set up. Also running a RF Aeffect post (discontinued) but if you can find one cheap I have had zero issues.

Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 11:04 Quote
How long have you had the one up for?

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 11:30 Quote
3 months, one weird issue was the standard bar clamp didn’t tighten down all the way. Had to make a shim with tape on my bars.

Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 11:49 Quote
I replaced mine with a one up lever which is much better that e13 shifter is so fiddly to fit the cable too.
Reading reviews about droppers in general it seems that people are chuffed when it works for a season. Considering the price of droppers it's the least i expect!

FL
Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 14:28 Quote
spl75 wrote:
Originally the spring was too weak and very quickly e13 sent me an improved spring which solved the problem.
At 12 months i serviced it as it wouldn't work properly and found the bearings rusty so replaced and re greased and all fine.
Ive never got on with the e13 lever so replaced it with a different one.
I don't ride that often but generally afterwards I clean and lube and the post works ok.
However near the end of my ride it fails to fully extend without a yank and I'm not particularly looking forward to pulling all apart again.
I tried a reverb and christ that returns like a rocket so i am exploring a new snappier post that wont be so needy!

That's strange as I've had no issues with mine to date (touch wood). I have a Brand X dropper on my hardtail and to be honest it is spot on, had it for 18 months and all I have had to do is put air in it. Really good value, on sale now at CRC and comes with 2 year warranty. Lever is shite but the post is spot on.

O+
Posted: Dec 22, 2018 at 3:09 Quote
Anyone used the One up dropper in cold weather yet? Any reports?

Posted: Dec 22, 2018 at 9:18 Quote
CL9 wrote:
Anyone used the One up dropper in cold weather yet? Any reports?

I've done several sub freezing rides so far this year and I've had no issues with return speed or reliability. My coldest ride was 15*F. We'll see how it does when the temps hit the negatives though.

For reference, my dropper is 3 months old.

Posted: Dec 27, 2018 at 14:49 Quote
I like my OneUp dropper, I bought 1 new last year when they first came out and used it for a season. Only issue I had was my collar bushing being too "tight", which causes the post to slowly come up. Working the bushing to loosen it up a bit and adding slick honey underneath seems to help. Other than that, great post.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 6:16 Quote
I’ve got ten rides on my oneup. Seems to work good. I needed a new post and tried a transfer but was too long for my seat tube. The oneup fit easily. I may have been able to squeeze in a 170. The oneup lever is dogshit. Lasted about 5 rides before I broke it. Made of light cheap plastic. DO NOT GET THE ONEUP LEVER! I had s very light fall at an almost complete stop and fell into some loam. When I picked the bike up the lever was snapped off where it connects to the clamp. Went with a wolf tooth. I’ve also ridden in the mid 20’s to mid 30’s F with no problem at all.

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 7:48 Quote
Couple weeks on my one up post and it's working really well (in cold weather). For reference I have run all the reverbs and Thomson posts and this post hangs w/ them. I agree on not purchasing the one up lever, I am using a wolf tooth and it works great so far.

Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 9:40 Quote
Having serviced my E13 again the bearings were covered in brown slurry type dirt...god knows how the dirt gets in!
Anyway the post just about returns to the top and the gap where the brass key sits to keep the seat from wiggling has widened so its now the play is very noticeable.
Luckily Santa has provided a decent amount of Wiggle vouchers so looking at the reverb 170 with the new 1x lever as they no longer sell the one up post which is a pity.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016233
Mobile Version of Website