Fox 34 150mm 2018 sinking down 30mm ...

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
Fox 34 150mm 2018 sinking down 30mm ...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 1, 2018 at 9:26 Quote
Hey Guys,

I need some help. My 6 month old fox 34 1500mm factory seems to have lost some 3cm of travel during my last ride.
I've checked the PSI (90, for 85kg rider), and totally deflated and reflated the cartridge, but to no effect ... It even seems to have worsened it (another cm gone...).
Any ideas?

Thanks and kind regards,
Lukas

Posted: Dec 2, 2018 at 20:46 Quote
Possible positive air leaking to negative. New or used fork? which model year?

when you pump it up, do it incrementally and cycle the fork. eg. from 0-30psi, cycle the fork. Purpose is to equalise the negative chamber. Repeat the step till over desired psi(100psi) and cycle it again. Last step, release air to desired psi.

To fully deflate air from fork, release it slowly. Air might get trapped and unreleased if you deflate quickly.

Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 1:44 Quote
My 2017 Fox 34 140mm did the exact same thing. If you pump fork up to around 120 psi, put your foot on front rim and pull up very hard on bars it should pop back to full extension. It will probably do it again and again mine did. The fork is leaking air from the positive chamber into the negative chamber and sucking down - I fixed mine by replacing the quad seal on the neg plate on the bottom of the air shaft. Check out Fox video "Float NA Rebuild". Hope this helps. Yours should be still under warranty - mine wasn't.

LukasN89 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I need some help. My 6 month old fox 34 1500mm factory seems to have lost some 3cm of travel during my last ride.
I've checked the PSI (90, for 85kg rider), and totally deflated and reflated the cartridge, but to no effect ... It even seems to have worsened it (another cm gone...).
Any ideas?

Thanks and kind regards,
Lukas

Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 1:50 Quote
Thanks guys, I will try your tips! The fork is a 2018 model. Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008092
Mobile Version of Website