Suspension rebuild

PB Forum :: Downhill
Suspension rebuild
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 2, 2018 at 6:26 Quote
Hey Everyone, first time posting here. I recently purchased a used 2012 specialized Demo 8, however the rear shock needs to be rebuilt. I don’t really want to send it off to rock shox to have it done but I’m having trouble finding a local place that rebuilds mountain suspensions. I am located in western MA and I was wondering if anyone on here knew of any places that rebuild and tune downhill bike suspensions and are not to outrageously priced?

Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 7:26 Quote
Shotguntony wrote:
Hey Everyone, first time posting here. I recently purchased a used 2012 specialized Demo 8, however the rear shock needs to be rebuilt. I don’t really want to send it off to rock shox to have it done but I’m having trouble finding a local place that rebuilds mountain suspensions. I am located in western MA and I was wondering if anyone on here knew of any places that rebuild and tune downhill bike suspensions and are not to outrageously priced?

Generally rear coil shocks always have to be sent away due to the charged nitrogen chamber. It requires a special tool to open, and can only be really done with Rockshox.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 18:46 Quote
I would send it to Diaz Suspension Design in Durango, CO. He will tune the shock based on your weight and the bike, along with servicing the shock for a better price than you'll find at most places

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 6:41 Quote
Full flow suspension in California is good too.

Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 18:35 Quote
Avalanche Racing in CT is great for DH.

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.098252
Mobile Version of Website