Post your fat bikes

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
Post your fat bikes
| Next Page
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
Heres mine...

Wait, those tyres are bit anorexic aren't they, best put some more air in...

Much better...

Have you had a chance to use those tires in the snow? My 45NRTH's been giving me grief with the bead staying sealed at low pressure, and I'm considering trying the Minion's if the issue persists.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
Such a nice atmosphere,good pics

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 9:47 Quote
kbruington wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:
Heres mine...

Much better...

Have you had a chance to use those tires in the snow? My 45NRTH's been giving me grief with the bead staying sealed at low pressure, and I'm considering trying the Minion's if the issue persists.

Only a couple of times in anger, as snow is pretty sporadic here, but they did pretty well IMO certainly better than the Specialized ground controls they replaced. Not run them tubeless though.

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 5:04 Quote
Greetings from Finnish Lapland:

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 5:47 Quote
kbruington wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:
Heres mine...

Much better...

Maybe using Fatty Stripper latex bands might help, or a layer of foam insulation on the center rim bed or both to tighten things up

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 6:20 Quote
Staktup wrote:
kbruington wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:
Heres mine...

Much better...

Maybe using Fatty Stripper latex bands might help, or a layer of foam insulation on the center rim bed or both to tighten things up

That latex band looks interesting.

My Hodag tires don't have issues with the bead, but I only use them during the summer. If the 45nrth still give me grief, maybe I'll look at the fatty strippers. Thanks.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 6:25 Quote
Try just wrapping the rims with a couple layers of gorilla tape to make the tire a tighter fit. I use 45nrth Dillinger 5 tires down to 2-3 psi in the winter and have never had a bead sealing issue with a single layer of gorilla tape. The tires fit very tight on my carbon rims though (so tight that it is very very difficult to break the bead to change tires) so different rim tolerances can make experiences different I suppose. I'd try multiple layers of tape first...

Posted: Jan 2, 2020 at 19:45 Quote
New Year's Day was also New Bike Day. Purchased a leftover 2018 Rocky Mountain Blizzard 30.
Not necessarily the component spec I'd like but everything functions well and, given how much time I'll ride this vs my other bikes, there's no need for anything more. A little bling, however, is needed. Pedals on the way, grips and seat post collar to be ordered soon. Older KS Lev to moved from an older bike to the Blizzard this week.

NBD - Rocky Mountain Blizzard 30

Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 18:45 Quote
Norco bigfoot.
It's my first year owning a fatbike and love it ! Only for snow

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007596
Mobile Version of Website