Difference between Fox DPX2 Factory vs Performance Edition (PE)?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Difference between Fox DPX2 Factory vs Performance Edition (PE)?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 10:17 Quote
EDIT Solved:

With the below info plus I decided just to call Fox directly and get the real scoop. I didn't now this, maybe most of you did, but for those who didn't, here you go. There are 3 versions of this shock, all 3 are available for manufacturers to spec on their new bikes, only the 1 version (Factory) is available aftermarket:

1. DPX2 Performance - 3 setting switch (open, medium, firm), no LSC adjustment, no kashima coat.

2. DPX2 Performance Elite - 3 setting switch (open, medium, firm) and 10 clicks of LSC adjustment, no kashima coat.

3. DPX2 Factory - 3 setting switch (open, medium, firm) and 10 clicks of LSC adjustment and kashima coat.

Trying to make a decision between these two optiosn on my new bike and finding conflicting info... what makes it harder is that the PE version is not available for purchase aftermarket and so Fox does not list it on their website... c'mon Fox put it up there so that we can at least get the info on the shock from the horses's mouth!

Could someone who actually owns one of these shocks please confirm:

1. Is the only difference between the two just Kashima coat?? or
2. Does the PE version lose the 10 clicks of LSC adjustment in the open position?

Thanks for your help!!

Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 11:27 Quote
I have the Performance Elite version, and that is the same as the Factory, but without kashima.

The DPX2 Performance doesn't have the 10 clicks of LSC.

Cheers

Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 11:57 Quote
RNeves wrote:
I have the Performance Elite version, and that is the same as the Factory, but without kashima.

The DPX2 Performance doesn't have the 10 clicks of LSC.

Cheers

Thanks for this.. ya, for some reason I didn't realize that there were 3 versions of the shock (Performance, Performance Elite and Factory)... I've been mixing up Performance with Performance Elite.

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 at 17:15 Quote
islandforlife wrote:
EDIT Solved:

1. DPX2 Performance - 3 setting switch (open, medium, firm), no LSC adjustment, no kashima coat.

2. DPX2 Performance Elite - 3 setting switch (open, medium, firm) and 10 clicks of LSC adjustment, no kashima coat.

3. DPX2 Factory - 3 setting switch (open, medium, firm) and 10 clicks of LSC adjustment and kashima coat.

Thank you for posting the information once you had found it, saved me a lot of searching.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008414
Mobile Version of Website