Whyte G170 works 29er

PB Forum :: Whyte Bikes
Whyte G170 works 29er
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 9:51 Quote
Hi

I am in the market for a new enduro race bike for next year and next to the Spartan 29 and the SB150 I really like the new Whyte G170 29er. Infos about this bike are quiet rare, only one review. I was able to sit on a medium and the coil is very nice. Not able to really testride it though...

Does anybody has experience with this bike or whyte in generell? How is it dealing with them in a case of warranty? Are the bikes reliable?

Thanks

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
Well if anybody cares, I dit it.

photo

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
I care lol... didn't see the first post sorry …
but dang, sick bike! Congrats! tup Drool

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
Thanks man, cant wait to test it properly, we just have too much snow here...

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 12:32 Quote
I feel you … I'm also snowed in...

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 14:44 Quote
You say you got this as a race bike but i'd be keen to know how it jumps. It's on my radar and I enjoy jump lines and freeride type riding most but also fast DH's

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 2:04 Quote
As of now I cant say anything, as I havent ridden it really. I will report back once race season kicks in. If you like, you can follow on Instagram @patrice_fuchs

Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 12:17 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
As of now I cant say anything, as I havent ridden it really. I will report back once race season kicks in. If you like, you can follow on Instagram @patrice_fuchs

How is this going for you? I'm very tempted. They seem like absolute beast of a bike. Is the travel too much for all day? I do want to use it in the bike park occasionally.

Not many 29er bikes out there with so much travel.

Posted: May 10, 2019 at 0:25 Quote
I tested mine in finale ligure (check out my instagram for a little video), unfortunately I broke a carbonrim even though I was running cushcore. And the brakes dissapointed as well, but aside from that, I love it. Its time to upgrade now, put some strong aluminium rims on it, pump up the travel to 170 on the front, changing to Oneup cockpit and install a trickstuff direttissima. With this changes, it will be the perfect enduro race bike.

Its quiet heavy, so dont know how it will be as an only bike, since I only rode 200km so far (due to broken rim), mostly downhill.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2020 at 14:02 Quote
I picked up a 170 works 29er. It rips. Never regretted ditching my DH bike. I currently have it set up with a 180mm air shaft but I can’t seem to find any info from Whyte if this is acceptable without voiding warranty. The 27.5 flavor comes with a 180 fork so I am assuming there is no issue. Anyone have any info

Posted: Jan 5, 2020 at 13:13 Quote
No info here. Traveled mine to 170 up front. 180 seems a bite high, also considering BB height.

Posted: Jan 5, 2020 at 13:16 Quote
Made quiet a few changes

photo

Posted: Jan 18, 2020 at 14:26 Quote
Hey guys, I am trying to decide between the G-170crs V2 29er & S-150crs V2. Currently riding a hardtail.

I only demoed the S-150 and absolutely loved it, but they don't have the G-170 for demo unfortunately.

I'm torn on which bike to get! I am concerned the S-150 will limit me later as I get much faster as it only has a Pike. But I am also worried the G-170 is too much bike for my kind of trails.

These are the trails I typically ride

Flow and fast. Sometimes can be random roots etc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOCcqZUnNSY

The hardest trails at my local trail centre, never tried them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_RT48Etfgg

I do have a DH park in my city, but it's a 1hr & 15 min drive away, so would be infrequent.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 9:13 Quote
If you ride mostly trails like in the first vid, the S150 is more than enough. It will also handle trails like in your second video. However if you mostly ride trails like in the second vid, I‘d go for the G170.

This is my G170 on my hometrails:

https://youtu.be/rII-76UocV4

Cheers

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 10:08 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
If you ride mostly trails like in the first vid, the S150 is more than enough. It will also handle trails like in your second video. However if you mostly ride trails like in the second vid, I‘d go for the G170.

This is my G170 on my hometrails:

https://youtu.be/rII-76UocV4

Cheers

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tough choice. Atm I ride the flowy stuff (with rough stuff in the middle) since I have a hard tail and it's super fun going fast, but I do want to start riding the harder stuff more...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.196353
Mobile Version of Website