Whyte G170 works 29er

PB Forum :: Whyte Bikes
Whyte G170 works 29er
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 11:35 Quote
The G170 is a beast and its heavy. Mine is about 16kg with strong alu rims, DH casing and tools. I wouldnt want to pedal that thing around all day long.

If you ride that stuff with the hardtail, go with the S150

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
The G170 is a beast and its heavy. Mine is about 16kg with strong alu rims, DH casing and tools. I wouldnt want to pedal that thing around all day long.

If you ride that stuff with the hardtail, go with the S150

Good point. To get to the Grade 5 trails at my local trail centre, I do have to ride for about 5kms.

Thank you for the help.

Posted: Mar 15, 2020 at 16:47 Quote
The 170 is a lot of bike. If your riding 75%gnar 75% of the time I’d go with it. If you can ride all your trails on a hard tail with confidence the 170 is overkill. I have mine built up at 33.5 lbs and I would not want it is a 50/50 bike

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 0:41 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
No info here. Traveled mine to 170 up front. 180 seems a bite high, also considering BB height.

Is this bike easy to convert the front travel to 170mm ? And if so does it still ride nice ?? Thanks ????

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 2:02 Quote
Can anyone tell me what shock tune (compression and rebound) the G170 comes with? Looking to get a shock from a G170. Cheers

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 12:08 Quote
Burgie93 wrote:
Foxy87 wrote:
No info here. Traveled mine to 170 up front. 180 seems a bite high, also considering BB height.

Is this bike easy to convert the front travel to 170mm ? And if so does it still ride nice ?? Thanks ????

Yeah its easy if you have a Lyrik up front. Works for me, its damn fast.

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
Super easy to switch out the air shaft.

On another note, has anyone figured out a way to put a bash guard on this bike. Seems like a major oversight by whyte

Posted: Apr 21, 2020 at 12:37 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
No info here. Traveled mine to 170 up front. 180 seems a bite high, also considering BB height.

I ended up going back to 170. Whyte UK emailed me and said it would not covered under warranty and moved the bb too much. Now I have to figure out a way to get a bash guard on this bike.

Posted: Aug 4, 2020 at 3:35 Quote
Laddy351 wrote:
The 170 is a lot of bike. If your riding 75%gnar 75% of the time I’d go with it. If you can ride all your trails on a hard tail with confidence the 170 is overkill. I have mine built up at 33.5 lbs and I would not want it is a 50/50 bike

How is the bike going for you? Any regrets? I ride lots of very rough trails but they are short so I have to do a good bit of climbing to get back to the top for a good day out. I'm quite fit though so I don't mind too much.

Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 4:45 Quote
It’s going great. No issues. The bike is extremely capable. I feel just as confident on theMost difficult downhill courses as I did when I had my downhill bike. My only regret was getting a large instead of a medium. IOn a few rides where I let a friend borrow my trail bike I rode this bike on my local trails which are XCish. While it’s not the funnest bike for that type of terrain and certainly didn’t break any speed records , it worked.

I think the bottom line is where are you going to ride it.? If 75% of your riding is downhill when you need it to Get you to the top then it’s a great choice. I would not get this bike as an all purpose trail bike. When I say 75% downhill I mean 75% of chunk not brown sidewalks

Posted: Aug 19, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
The G170 is a beast. I will get a S120 soon for local trail riding. Cant wait.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD6jdxrH13P/

| Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006875
Mobile Version of Website