2017 Slash 9.8 vs Custom 2018 Reign Advanced build.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2017 Slash 9.8 vs Custom 2018 Reign Advanced build.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 12:02 Quote
Hey guys there are a couple of bikes in the buy sell section that I'm considering. Having a hard time deciding. Let me hear your thought. I am 6' 1" and 240lb. I am moving to Bend OR in a couple months so that is where I will be riding the most. Both bikes are size Large.

The Debate.

Reign has remote coil shock
Slash has air shock

Reign has 170mm Lyrik
Slash has 130/160mm Lyrik (better for climbs)

Reign is 27.5
Slash is 29

Thanks

Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 17:34 Quote
Get the reign the extra travel will benefit you

Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 17:35 Quote
Plus travel adjust forks have a lot of issues

Posted: Dec 5, 2018 at 19:46 Quote
Will022505 wrote:
Get the reign the extra travel will benefit you

I love the reign and i almost got a 2017 model from my lbs but they sold it over the weekend. I have just heard so many good things about the slash with 29s. I could always replace the fork on the slash. But that's also extra money....... so many choices

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 9:36 Quote
Has anyone ridden both bikes? I dont have a local shop that has the slash for demo. If you have can you give me your feed back. Please

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 10:42 Quote
I own a 2018 Slash which I recently put a coil on. It's amazing what the bike will roll over and ride down, my confidence has skyrocketed. The 29" wheels will make up for the additional 10mm of travel on the Reign. My only complaint is the slack seat tube angle makes the bike a little light on the front when tackling very steep climbs. With that said I can just stand up and pedal and the bike hooks every time. My buddy has run the dual position Lyrik on his 2017 Slash since he purchased it with only routine maintenance. He's ridden his bike anywhere from Sun Valley, Moab, Bend, Pisgah, and beyond.

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 12:27 Quote
ZSchnei wrote:
I own a 2018 Slash which I recently put a coil on. It's amazing what the bike will roll over and ride down, my confidence has skyrocketed. The 29" wheels will make up for the additional 10mm of travel on the Reign. My only complaint is the slack seat tube angle makes the bike a little light on the front when tackling very steep climbs. With that said I can just stand up and pedal and the bike hooks every time. My buddy has run the dual position Lyrik on his 2017 Slash since he purchased it with only routine maintenance. He's ridden his bike anywhere from Sun Valley, Moab, Bend, Pisgah, and beyond.

What coil did you end up fitting on your slash?

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 13:01 Quote
Champ196 wrote:
ZSchnei wrote:

What coil did you end up fitting on your slash?

I ended up with a Cane Creek DB CS. I'm not much of a park rider/jumper so I wanted to turn the bike into one that will hug the ground regardless of what I'm riding over. With that said, I do jumps just not big park jumps. I came from riding a 2018 Remedy and although I loved that bike, I love the feeling I have on the Slash more.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018254
Mobile Version of Website