2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 16:19 Quote
Brasher wrote:
I put a reverse components 0.5 degree headset spacer in backwards to steepen the head angle.

Does the reverse components spacer have an offset forward/back or something? I thought it just effectively increased your axle to crown by a cm or so slackening the head angle the same as a longer fork would.

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 19:50 Quote
adamleedy wrote:
Caleire wrote:
Rear shock top out? Seen a dude saying something similar either on here or mtbr (cant remember).
Has Anyone had/got a problem with any aftermarket shocks with 210 e2e topping out (yoke contact with seat tube) when flipping the chip into the high position?
OE shock fits in both settings, but neither of my CC DB coil or inline with 210 e2e fit when in high...
Scratching my head pretty hard on this one, not sure if a frame issue or cane creek?
]

Is that on an aluminum or carbon frame?
I just sent a DB IL Coil to CC to get retromodded to 210x55 so I can run it on my new EVO. Hoping I didn't just wast my $$

Mine is a aluminium frame, the clearence even in low setting is tiny hey, id be nervous if it was carbon.
Retromodded? Is that just the solid shaft upgrade?

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 12:49 Quote
Caleire wrote:
Mine is a aluminium frame, the clearence even in low setting is tiny hey, id be nervous if it was carbon.

Mine is aluminum too so fingers crossed.
They are changing e2e and stroke, installing the solid shaft, and rotating the adjusters/valve assembly at the top so it will clear the frame.

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 20:36 Quote
adamleedy wrote:
Caleire wrote:

Mine is aluminum too so fingers crossed.
They are changing e2e and stroke, installing the solid shaft, and rotating the adjusters/valve assembly at the top so it will clear the frame.

Oh yep right thatll be good hey! maybe ill shoot them a msg what they say

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Correct removing the spacer makes it 55mm stroke, at your weight I would look at the topaz if you know it well. A custom tune could work on the dpx2 however but it’s still a relatively simple shock in the end. Factor in spacer removal and tuning and that’s a chunk of change. Or sell the dpx2 and put it towards the DVO.

I’m trying to get a hold of a 210x55 X2 to confirm fitment. That is the shock I think would work best on these bikes.

Just fitted a 210x55 Float to my S3 it’s tight but fits.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
ryan-82 wrote:

Al or cf frame?

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
kwapik wrote:
ryan-82 wrote:

Al or cf frame?

It’s AL. Air can at the rear. It is very tight unweighted but gets more clearance as goes through travel.
Only just fitted as I said, first ride will be this weekend, can’t wait!

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 5:01 Quote
My cane creek has about 3mm to the inside of the frame. Any closer than that I’d be cautious!

Let me know how it goes. Lateral force will make the can shift a tiny bit.

O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 8:01 Quote
Brasher wrote:
My cane creek has about 3mm to the inside of the frame. Any closer than that I’d be cautious!

Let me know how it goes. Lateral force will make the can shift a tiny bit.

There’s about 2mm to the frame. With the can at the rear as it goes through the travel the gap grows.
Only done one ride so far on it, but really impressed. Feels more supple initially but more controlled in the big hits. Currently running three tokens and ramp up feels good, may try with one more just for curiosity sake.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
I am running my 27.5 evo as a mullet and finding it really good so thought would share a video I put together with some background. Also gave a full 29er set-up a try as well - have a look here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7DCGLUbJvw

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 20:50 Quote
You guys all seem to know what you're talking about here, so it's probably a good place to ask this question:

I currently have an EVO 29 and love it but am moving and have some worries that where I'm going the bike won't really match the terrain at all (Whistler is home now). After looking at the numbers on the 27.5 Stumpy LT, is it crazy to think that maybe that frame with a 29'er rear triangle would work? In theory, with the 29 rear end and 29'er fork and wheel up front, it would be like a mini-EVO...

Slap me if I'm talking crazy. Specialized had no comment on this inquiry.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 6:41 Quote
This is an awesome thread had no idea people went this in depth with there bike mods!

I just got a 27.5 S3 alloy, which I was sceptical about going from a DH bike to a trail bike but it's so much more fun! The only issue I found is on right hips there is a loud knock from the rear which I think is from the hub but I'm not 100% sure. Has anybody else had this?

Also want to change the air volume on the shock but was wondering if there was one already in there before I start taking the dpx2 apart.

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 7:08 Quote
Hi man, i also have a sound coming from the rear of the bike. Specialized had exchanged my rear hub with a better one from Roval. The original one is aparently from Foruma and really cheap. But after the change the sounds still continues. I have posted a page or so back a picture of my rear triangle which i thought is making this sound. Check it and see if yours is the same. Perhaps it is another issue. I want to wrap my whole arm with an old tube to see if the sound persists. But i dont have any tubes haha.

doxey91 wrote:
This is an awesome thread had no idea people went this in depth with there bike mods!

I just got a 27.5 S3 alloy, which I was sceptical about going from a DH bike to a trail bike but it's so much more fun! The only issue I found is on right hips there is a loud knock from the rear which I think is from the hub but I'm not 100% sure. Has anybody else had this?

Also want to change the air volume on the shock but was wondering if there was one already in there before I start taking the dpx2 apart.

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 10:02 Quote
doxey91 wrote:

There is one blue volume spacer labeled .68 in^2 in my dpx from the factory.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 10:21 Quote
Darkysh wrote:
Hi man, i also have a sound coming from the rear of the bike. Specialized had exchanged my rear hub with a better one from Roval. The original one is aparently from Foruma and really cheap. But after the change the sounds still continues. I have posted a page or so back a picture of my rear triangle which i thought is making this sound. Check it and see if yours is the same. Perhaps it is another issue. I want to wrap my whole arm with an old tube to see if the sound persists. But i dont have any tubes haha.

doxey91 wrote:

I have just found on another forum that some people have found there rear mech hanger not fully tightened from new. I just went and checked mine and it definitely wasn't fully tightened. Hopefully that sorts it I'll let you know after my next ride ????

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010940
Mobile Version of Website