2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
Author Message
Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 23:57 Quote
Alloy Evo ordered! Happy days!

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 3:11 Quote
blackjack88 wrote:
The bike has evolved

Heres my 2019 Stumpy EVO Carbon S2 27.5. The Frame replaced a 2015 Enudro Evo 180mm front and back, which was nice and slack but had too much travel and weight for my riding.

I'm really impressed with the new bike, i feel better in the berms and the bike is much more lively and poppy owing to the shorter travel and stiffer frame.



Full XT 12 speed drive-train
DT wheels and hubs
Code Brakes
Renthal Cockpit
DHX2 - 500lb spring
Fox 36's lowered to 160mm - 51psi and 2 tokens
160 command dropper.

i'm 5'9 " / 176cm and weigh 154lbs / 11 stone
S2 frame fit feels perfect to me.


Weighs in at 13.9kg / 30.7 pounds
Bike is super fun, looking forward to more shredding

Cheers
Hell of a bike for Hemlock Wink

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 6:54 Quote
Hello everyone. Currently in decision between Stump Evo 29 in S2 and Commencal Meta TR 29 in M. I'm 177cm and want a bike for 50/50 trail/park use. Unfortunately I can't make a demo spin for any of that bikes. It would my first FS. I've ridden only rented FS bikes in parks yet. Now it's time to get my own.
I prefer jumping and chill loose ride over pure plowing on high speed during descent. Also I like 29 wheels more than 27.5. but my experience is not that big in that area. Do you think if Stump EVO 29 will be a good choice for me in S2 size? Should I look more on S3? Also I'm 65kg and can't decide if I need coil or air shock.

If I decide to buy specialized, it's going to be a frame only option, because I think I can buy all needed hardware on sales and get a better set up than complete build for same money.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 8:46 Quote
Never tried the Meta, but the Evo has:
- more rear travel (155mm) with the shock mod
- 160mm fork compatible
- threaded BB

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 10:21 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
Alloy Evo ordered! Happy days!

Congratulations...you'll love it.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 10:26 Quote
severniy wrote:
Hello everyone. Currently in decision between Stump Evo 29 in S2 and Commencal Meta TR 29 in M. I'm 177cm and want a bike for 50/50 trail/park use. Unfortunately I can't make a demo spin for any of that bikes. It would my first FS. I've ridden only rented FS bikes in parks yet. Now it's time to get my own.
I prefer jumping and chill loose ride over pure plowing on high speed during descent. Also I like 29 wheels more than 27.5. but my experience is not that big in that area. Do you think if Stump EVO 29 will be a good choice for me in S2 size? Should I look more on S3? Also I'm 65kg and can't decide if I need coil or air shock.

If I decide to buy specialized, it's going to be a frame only option, because I think I can buy all needed hardware on sales and get a better set up than complete build for same money.

With your preferred riding style, I'd say stick with the S2 in either wheel size. Before you change the shock, ride it first with the Dpx2 and see how you like it.

Frame only is always a good way to go. You get to install all your favorite components.

Posted: Sep 27, 2019 at 17:11 Quote
Dpx2 actually works really well with lighter riders. The rebound tune especially. May want to go down on the volume spacer from the standard one.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 4:54 Quote
Bought my first fs after only a few weeks on a hardtail back in may! what a bike! I'm learning pretty fast and it can still handle everything i can throw at it so far Big Grin only thing i would love to upgrade at somepoint is the shock to give me abit more tunability.. if that makes sense! great bike all round and its amazing to see what some people are doing to theirs! Drool


Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 7:57 Quote
RustyWheels wrote:
Bought my first fs after only a few weeks on a hardtail back in may! what a bike! I'm learning pretty fast and it can still handle everything i can throw at it so far Big Grin only thing i would love to upgrade at somepoint is the shock to give me abit more tunability.. if that makes sense! great bike all round and its amazing to see what some people are doing to theirs! Drool


Nice bike but I don't think it's an EVO model.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
RustyWheels wrote:
Bought my first fs after only a few weeks on a hardtail back in may! what a bike! I'm learning pretty fast and it can still handle everything i can throw at it so far Big Grin only thing i would love to upgrade at somepoint is the shock to give me abit more tunability.. if that makes sense! great bike all round and its amazing to see what some people are doing to theirs! Drool


Nice bike but I don't think it's an EVO model.


oh right.. yeah its not. my bad.Think mines an fsr. whats the difference between that and an EVO?

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 10:07 Quote
RustyWheels wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:
RustyWheels wrote:
Bought my first fs after only a few weeks on a hardtail back in may! what a bike! I'm learning pretty fast and it can still handle everything i can throw at it so far Big Grin only thing i would love to upgrade at somepoint is the shock to give me abit more tunability.. if that makes sense! great bike all round and its amazing to see what some people are doing to theirs! Drool


Nice bike but I don't think it's an EVO model.


oh right.. yeah its not. my bad.Think mines an fsr. whats the difference between that and an EVO?

a whole lot of fun. Look at the geometry differences.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 11:53 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
RustyWheels wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:


Nice bike but I don't think it's an EVO model.


oh right.. yeah its not. my bad.Think mines an fsr. whats the difference between that and an EVO?

a whole lot of fun. Look at the geometry differences.


Ahh yeahh just had a look. Made me a little jealous! But i can't complain with this one in slack mode. Loving it as my first fs. Was about as far as i could stretch haha

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
I have the S3 27.5
I’ve been hearing that people are running 29er wheels on this with no problems. Has anyone done this and think it is worth doing?

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
endoguru wrote:
I have the S3 27.5
I’ve been hearing that people are running 29er wheels on this with no problems. Has anyone done this and think it is worth doing?
I bought S3 27.5 frame as it was good price and built with 29 wheels and fork. No issues at all. Didn't have much time on it though

Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 5:05 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Ok I think I'm in love with this bike lol.

Thing is this bike is making my mega dollar S-works demo more or less redundant. I'm actually bettering some of my PB's on more flowy downhill runs. I put the cane creek IL coil on with 57mm stroke bringing rear travel to 160mm, combined that with a 160mm air shaft in the fork. The thing is a rocket ship!

I am not a fan of the NX drivetrain however, no matter how much lower limit screw adjustment I try, the chain falls off a lot when in top gear. Possibly the chain is too long but all checks out ok I believe.

If you are reading this and are undecided to get this bike or not... DO IT!



Hi,
I recently bought an evo 29, and I know that removing the rear shock spacer convert the shock from 50mm stroke to 55mm stroke. You said that you have fitted a shock with 57mm stroke, is this possible? Is enough clearance? Does exist a 210x57 shock?
Thank you


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018179
Mobile Version of Website