2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
canaleta wrote:
Brasher wrote:
Ok I think I'm in love with this bike lol.

Thing is this bike is making my mega dollar S-works demo more or less redundant. I'm actually bettering some of my PB's on more flowy downhill runs. I put the cane creek IL coil on with 57mm stroke bringing rear travel to 160mm, combined that with a 160mm air shaft in the fork. The thing is a rocket ship!

I am not a fan of the NX drivetrain however, no matter how much lower limit screw adjustment I try, the chain falls off a lot when in top gear. Possibly the chain is too long but all checks out ok I believe.

If you are reading this and are undecided to get this bike or not... DO IT!

Hi,
I recently bought an evo 29, and I know that removing the rear shock spacer convert the shock from 50mm stroke to 55mm stroke. You said that you have fitted a shock with 57mm stroke, is this possible? Is enough clearance? Does exist a 210x57 shock?
Thank you

Yes it works, the 210x57 is actually a 210x55 cane creek coil with the 2mm nylon spacer below the bump stop removed. There is still no clearance issues at 210x57 with 2.5WT tyres.

Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
Brasher wrote:
canaleta wrote:
Brasher wrote:
Ok I think I'm in love with this bike lol.

Thing is this bike is making my mega dollar S-works demo more or less redundant. I'm actually bettering some of my PB's on more flowy downhill runs. I put the cane creek IL coil on with 57mm stroke bringing rear travel to 160mm, combined that with a 160mm air shaft in the fork. The thing is a rocket ship!

I am not a fan of the NX drivetrain however, no matter how much lower limit screw adjustment I try, the chain falls off a lot when in top gear. Possibly the chain is too long but all checks out ok I believe.

If you are reading this and are undecided to get this bike or not... DO IT!

Hi,
I recently bought an evo 29, and I know that removing the rear shock spacer convert the shock from 50mm stroke to 55mm stroke. You said that you have fitted a shock with 57mm stroke, is this possible? Is enough clearance? Does exist a 210x57 shock?
Thank you

Yes it works, the 210x57 is actually a 210x55 cane creek coil with the 2mm nylon spacer below the bump stop removed. There is still no clearance issues at 210x57 with 2.5WT tyres.

Sounds interesting! So a 210x50 can be converted to a 210x55, and a 210x55 to a 210x57 all two cases removing the spacer. I suppose from a stock dpX2 210x50 is not possible to 210x57. Is it right?

Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 18:38 Quote
canaleta wrote:
Brasher wrote:
canaleta wrote:

Hi,
Thank you

Sounds interesting! So a 210x50 can be converted to a 210x55, and a 210x55 to a 210x57 all two cases removing the spacer. I suppose from a stock dpX2 210x50 is not possible to 210x57. Is it right?

That's correct, Dpx2 metric will only go from 50 to 55mm stroke.

Only reason you get 57mm stroke from a cane creek is they actually take a 216 x 57 shock and change the eye to eye length to metric and keep the stroke as imperial with a spacer to convert it to metric. Cost cutting exercise that works to our advantage. Smile

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 7:20 Quote
Finally got a ride on my S3 27.5 with the Avalanche tuned Marzocchi Cr. It works great! Very composed and planted but still poppy enough to make it fun jumping. As with all shocks and forks that Avy has done for me, they feel stiff and feel like they will be overdamped until you hit the trail. Then they become awesome. I think it shows how underdamped most stock shocks are. You end up having tp put too much air or too stiff of a spring on. I’m 195 or so with gear on and Craig put a 600 lb spring on.

The bigger question is Marzocchi vs Ext Storia. Andrew at Brennan who is the US service provider told me I would probably need to put in a lighter compression tune when I took this off my 29er and put it on the 27.5. So this comparison is without the revalve from Andrew. As it sits currently I like the feel of the Marzocchi better. The pluses of the EXT are it is lighter and has a climb switch if those things are important to you. It also has high and low speed compression clickers. The Marzocchi only has one rebound and compression clicker. So far I haven’t needed a climb switch on the Marzocchi and am able to get very good performance with the single clickers. But I’m not concerned with how long it takes to get up a climb. I just pick an easy gear and cruise up the climbs. The Marzocchi is also a couple hundred bucks cheaper with shock and the full works from Avalanche.

When I get the revalved EXT I’ll do a final comparison.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006908
Mobile Version of Website